Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New User - Couple of Questions!

northernmonkey
Dabbler

New User - Couple of Questions!

Hello all!
Just migrated over to plusnet today onto the pro package. My speed is up around the 7 meg mark which is pleasing after having some erratic speeds with adsl24 and all of entanets issues.
However, I have noticed my Ping has basically doubled from 22ms to 41ms. I had interleaving off under adsl24, could this now be back on?
Also, I have been having a look at all the various tools and I had a quick look at broadband usage.  Since I got in from work I have only been doing some general surfing as well as a few speedtests. My usage is saying 43% Web and 57% Other. What comprises 'Other' then?
5 REPLIES 5
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: New User - Couple of Questions!

You need to raise a ticket to get interleaving switched off. It seems to be put on automatically
northernmonkey
Dabbler

Ok. Is it worth doing so this early on with a new connection. I had it switched off on the old one so I presume it should be fine to have it switched off on this new connection without waiting for the training period to end?
adie:quote
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Think it should be fine, you might even have the option to switch it off here https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=myconnection&?membermenu=connectionsettings
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
James
Grafter

If it was fine before, it'll be fine now.
Raise a ticket and PM me with the ticket number and I'll get it sorted when I get into the office tomorrow morning Smiley
northernmonkey
Dabbler

Many thanks Jameseh.
I will PM you the number.
Cheers.