cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Thomson router doesn't display local website

argent2718

New Thomson router doesn't display local website

On moving to Plusnet ADSL I installed the Thomson 585 router which works fine except for displaying anything from my locally hosted (IIS 7.5) website (which was accessible with the previous router)
I can ping the site name and verify its IP address from a command promplt so it looks like IIS is running okay.  The Windows firewall is set to allow TCP port 80 traffic.
The router firewall is set to allow TCP port 80 traffic (checked with the ShieldsUp site) and Games/Applications in the router is set to allow HTTP Server on port 80-->port 80 and associated with "my PC's name" as the device.
All other websites work fine but my local one spends a few seconds "Waiting for mysitename to respond" and then gives a page cannot be displayed response.
Any more ideas?
6 REPLIES 6
machare
Rising Star

Re: New Thomson router doesn't display local website

Is IIS 7.5 running on your PC or a separate server? 
argent2718

IIS 7.5 is running the website from the standard inetpub directory that the files are published to by Frontpage on the PC.
PS I should have added that I've tried to access the local website using both its name and its IP number in the browser (just in case the router didn't like the named option) and neither work - just a few seconds "waiting for a response from ......name or number",  then: this page cannot be displayed.
itsme
Grafter

You have to enable Loopback which I believe the Thomson support but you have to use telnet to do it.
itsme
Grafter

If you download the CLI commends http://www.technicolorbroadbandpartner.com/getfile.php?id=6064 you need to enbale natloopback under IP config.
argent2718

Thanks - I changed the natloopback to enabled under the telnet + cli method (and saveall, and even went back in later to check it was saved.)
Still just get: waiting... page cannot be displayed (even tried powering the router down and back up and checking the router settings again).
Whilst I was in a command window I also checked that the router's IP is correctly noted under the default gateway entry on the PC's ipconfig /all.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@argent2718 do you think you could give me the URL for the site. I don't mind if you want to PM it over.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team