cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Test Socket

valart
Grafter

New Test Socket

The engineer as just left me and he fitted a test socket and tested my line and my speed is better but he said that I was some distant away from the exchange and is test machine showed 7.15 mb which is all I can get or lower,he was a really good guy he checked all my other boxes were good.I did have a little scare after he left because the line dropped a couple of times it seems to have settled down now maybe it was because my router was off for sometime I hope so.
10 REPLIES 10
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: New Test Socket

Thanks for the update, it's beginning to sound like there was an issue with the estimate. Let me know if you need any further help from us.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
AndyH
Grafter

How are your router stats now, compared to previously (http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,113542.msg976585.html#msg976585)?
valart
Grafter

I have been on my laptop for the last 30 mins and I have had no line drops so far it might have settled down I will see how thing are I hope I have no more problems with these gremlins.
valart
Grafter

Adam when you say there is a  estimate issue what does this mean.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

This is getting confusing, that seems to be about 4 threads on this issue and wasn't easy to follow, but at least it seems to be fixed now. Posting your stats would enable us to see if you are now getting the best from your connection.
AndyH
Grafter

Based on valart's line attenuation figures previously - I would have expected a lot quicker than 7.15Mb
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

when you say there is a  estimate issue what does this mean.

It could be that the original speed estimate given for your line wasn't right unfortunately.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is his something daft like having an ADSL1 profile applied to an 21CN line ?
as a profile of 7.15Mbps is a bit suspiciously like ADSL1 running at full speed !
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

No he's on ADSL2+. Yet another thread started http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,113764.msg978291.html. His Plusnet profile should go up to 8.6Mbps (or perhaps higher). Hopefully the automated system will set that properly.
His speeds have doubled since his original enquiries, seems a fair result to me. Smiley
David
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Looks like it's upped to 9891 now, hope it stays around there but things are definitely looking good.