cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New SmartTV On Demand problems

kangaroonet

New SmartTV On Demand problems

Advice needed please!
Having real problems accessing my on demand page on Panasonic SmartViera TV which is only 2 months old. I have set up a new router with no issues, which is approx a meter away with no walls or any other large objects blocking signals.
When trying to access on demand, at times it works, others it looks as though its loading ok but then flicks to a screen stating i need to connect to the internet.
I can access Amazon prime fine and also separate apps but really wanted to access on demand page where all the best channels are.
Panasonic cust service are also looking into any known issues.
Thx for any help! k
4 REPLIES 4
BRABUS
Grafter

Re: New SmartTV On Demand problems

Which model of Panasonic have you got as I have several of their new Smart Vieras so may be able to help you  Smiley
kangaroonet

Hi BRABUS.
its TX47AS650B model.
BRABUS
Grafter

I have the AS740b in a variety of sizes so it's basically the same software for networks.  Do you know if you have a static or dynamic IP address?
On your remote press MENU
Scroll down to Network then press OK
To the right it should be highlighting NETWORK CONNECTIONS, press OK again.
The next screen gives you the option of QUICK SETUP or for CUSTOM.  Highlight custom and click OK
Mine is wireless so at this point I select WIRELESS and press OK
I think you need to select NO to change settings but it should either way you select YES Or No allow you to see your IP/ DNS settings.
Highlight ACCQUIRE IP ADDRESS and press OK
Now select MANUAL
I keyed in 192.168.1 60 just because I know that is free on my router, you can pick a different number to 60.
For your SUBNET MASK this needs to be 255.255.255.0
For your DEFAULT GATEWAY select 192.168.1.254 (this is your routers address)
Next I selected AQQUIRE DNS a and set it to manual and finally set the DNS Address as 192.168.1.254

I really suspect that your settings are set to automatic and the lease on IP and DNS is expiring and so it tries to refresh it when you want to use the service.  if you configure it manually you should be fine.  All 4 of my as740b models and my plasma are all now set to manual and I never have an issue.  When they were automatic they were a pain in the backside and always losing network connectivity just when you wanted it.

If this doesn't help please come back and we can try and figure it out.  If it doesn't work then some screen shots of your network settings would be useful to try and help.
Good luck
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

There has been many reports of problems with TV devices getting DHCP address allocation successfully.  The suggestion that lease renewal is a factor is interesting.  You can also sort that by reserving the IP address for the device in the router, that way it gets an infinite lease.  If you needs help on this just ask.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.