cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Router

hartroad

New Router

Have switched old Plusnet Router for a new one and problems have been endless. We have been notified there has been a NEW issue and broadband will be delayed AGAIN though we have set it up for the correct date and are still waiting for wifi. Don’t know what the issue is or how to speed up this process. My housemate has to write a dissertation and this is the last thing she needs.
6 REPLIES 6
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: New Router

Hi @hartroad 

A warm welcome to the forums.

Can you please explain more clearly what you mean by "still waiting for Wi-Fi"?  You get Wi-Fi just by turning on the router.

You say you've swapped the old Plusnet router for a new one.  Are you a new Plusnet customer of have you upgraded from ADSL to fibre … or are you returning to Plusnet?

Your problem being a little unclear makes it difficult to offer appropriate help.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Hi @hartroad,

Welcome to the forums. Having looked at the order this is a transfer of service and the losing provider (the ISP of the services at the current address) is canceling the order consistently. 

Can I ask have you just moved into the premises or have you lived there some time the provider you set services up with the one that's cancelling the orders?

hartroad

Hi @Townman

Thank you for your message and welcome.

We rent, and were with Plusnet through Huddle last year. We liked Plusnet but decided to do bills without going through a third party.

This meant Plusnet treats us as new users, and has sent us a new DSL router. We have set it up the same way we did our last router, and while the broadband lights the right colours, and our phones/laptop might connect, we have no connection to internet.

Since this comment, I have received a text saying our order has been replaced and a date will be sent within the next 24h-48h.

The comment from Plusnet states our order has been repeatedly cancelled by a third party, which makes sense, as we have had trouble and complications with other bills, hence my frustration at the wifi issue, because not having wifi complicates things for us.

Regardless, I am very grateful for your comment, and am now hopeful, rather than frustrated, at the situation.
hartroad

Hi Joe @JOLO

thanks for looking into this!! I very much appreciate it.
I believe the ex-provider must be cancelling the order. I contacted them a while ago to explain we would not continue using their services, so I am not sure why they would be doing this.
OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi @hartroad

Thank you for taking my call today it has been a pleasure.

I have taken ownership of your issue and you can view this here

Kind Regards

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Interesting insight - thank you for sharing the details.

This is the first I’ve heard of a party reselling Plusnet services as a retailer. Disconcerting that they should be inhibiting you migrating to a different provider.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.