cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Router not accepting password/username

thegroove
Dabbler

New Router not accepting password/username

Hi all I hope someone can help me out. Always have issues with new routers.
I just upgraded to the ADSL2+ Premium package from an old ADSL one and bourght a new router : ZyXEL P-660HN-F1Z, ADSL2+ Modem Router.
When connected it runs through the setup and finds the PC and the DSL connection but when I enter my Plusnet username and password it says that one of them is wrong. I have checked and double checked that these are correct but it wont play ball.
I'm putting the username as myusername"AT"plusdel.net (obviously I dont write in "myusername" Smiley or "AT") and my correct password but it doesn't like it.
It also asks me to enter all the connection details manually because it cant do it automatically although it says that PPPoA connections it should be able to. I'm using all the connection details from my original line which was about 3 years ago.
I run Window 7 Premium on a few different spe'd PCs...this is all on a wired network at the moment.
Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.
8 REPLIES 8
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: New Router not accepting password/username

Try username@plusdsl.net - unless it was a typo
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Try using username@plusdsl.net as the username. (substituting username for your username)
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
thegroove
Dabbler

Sorry that was in fact a typo...bad place for one I guess.
I have tried username@plusdsl.net
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Where did you buy the Router?
It does look as though it is locked to a particular ISP who detect your username and password from an LLU connection addess.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

I have checked and double checked that these are correct but it wont play ball.

I presume you've checked your username & password are correct by logging in to the Plusnet portal member centre https://portal.plus.net/index_nlp.html?home=membercentretop , that uses the same username ( without the @plusdsl.net though ) and password as your adsl connection.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Are you logged in from work as your ipaddress isn't a Plusnet one
thegroove
Dabbler

Again thanks everyone, I did manage to get it working in the end, just re-did all the set up procedures. It still said password incorrect but I noticed that the internet connection light was flashing green so checked a browser and it was working.
Oldjim: Yes I was posting from my work address...which brings me onto a new question:
When I login from work (IE6) then go to the forums they are already logged in but from home (FF3 and IE8) I cannot get onto the forums, I can login to my account but it wont stay logged in when I go to the forums. Furthermore it wont accept my password when I try to login to the forums when at home...
Any ideas?
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Problems with forum login could be associated with stale cookies. You could try deleting cookies (or Plusnet related ones) on both FF3 and IE8 then try logging in again.
David