Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Router - Good statistics?

bomster
Grafter

New Router - Good statistics?

Hi Guys.
I have recently bought and installed a new router - TP-Link TD-W8960N.
So far so good, but I just wanted you guys to take a look at the line stats and see if they are good. I am being upgraded to 21CN this month so will it be okay? I was a bit concerned about this 'Attainable Rate (Kbps): 10848'.

Anyway, I would greatly appreciate to hear what you guys think. Thanks in advance.
5 REPLIES 5
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: New Router - Good statistics?

You should get excellent speeds after migration to 21CN/ADSL2+. I think that attainable rate figure will be 10.8Mbps out of a maximum of 12Mbps for the G.DMT (G.992.1) protocol your connection currently uses.
After migration ADSL2+ (G.992.5) brings additional frequencies into use which doubles the theoretical maximum sync speed to 24Mbps and you should see a substantial proportion of that increase. Your actual download speeds are likely to be better than 16Mbps.
David
bomster
Grafter

Music to my ears.
Thanks for your response pal.
Just got to get 21CN now!
bomster
Grafter

On 21CN now, and I'm pleased with new line stats, apart from my attenuation has gone up?
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Don't worry about the attenuation going up a bit, this is normal as higher frequencies are added with ADSL2+ and since the higher frequencies attenuate more over a given distance the effective total attenuation also increases.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
bomster
Grafter

Wise man is wise.
Cheers buddy.