Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Plusnet Value

jono
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 7

New Plusnet Value

Hi, Could someone advise as to my options, I took the £3 off and new WI-Fi router staying for another 12 months just before the new Value package came out, I'm on option 2 with 15gb at £14-65 reduced to £11-65. I thought when I saw the new ones that no way will I be in a Market 3 zone,I thought well I'm getting an extra 5gb for the same price and i never use much more than 6gb anyway.
I've just checked Sam Knows and the Exchange I'm on is Market 3 which means technically I could just pay £5-99. Any advice anyone, I have a feeling I know what the answer will be, but thought I'd ask anyway,I know what I should have done in hind site, but I didn't have a clue that the packagers were going to be changed days after I'd put the wheels in motion by signing up for the reduction deal.
regards
jono
17 REPLIES 17
James
Grafter

Re: New Plusnet Value

Hi Jono,
You would be entitled to move onto the new products.
Smiley
jono
Aspiring Pro

Hi Thanks  jameseh for the prompt reply, Could I ask also What would happen to the current contract though? Is going off the results of Samknows all right, it does say 4 ISP are currently supplying broad band from that Exchange and has a section at the bottom with the Market Zone results, I  thought if I moved to a new product i would have to pay the cost of the router and the remainder of the contract. If I decided to change products how would I go about it?
regards
jono
James
Grafter

Hi Jono,
You wont need to pay the remainder of the contract, because you'll be going onto a 12/18 month one on the new product.
Also, because the terms of your router are for staying with us for 12 months, that would still apply when moving to the new service.
jono
Aspiring Pro

Hi,Thanks James for your help
Regards
jono
jono
Aspiring Pro

Hi james, sorry to be bothering you again but if you could just verify a couple of things please,
1. is there any way I can compare the the product I'm on now and the value package i.e. speed etc ?
2. Is there any way i can double check that my exchange is definitely on Market 3, it says so on the Samknows site ?
3. do I just go to the product page and click buy or do I need to raise a ticket to get the 12 month contract?
regards
jono
James
Grafter

Hi Jono,
This page allows you to compare:
http://kitz.co.uk/isp/plusnet_shaping.htm
Samknows.com will be right & I can put the account change through for you if you want me to.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

jono
Aspiring Pro

Hi Thanks James and Jim, While I was waiting for reply I had a look through the Forum and found the Kitz site, some of the speed difference is on things I don't use, just basically surfing family history emails and product updates.
James if you could put the account change through for me on a 12 month contract I would appreciate it.
thanks once again
Jono
James
Grafter

Jono - That's done now.
I can't do the contract side of things until the change has happened on the 30th, so if you give me a shout then, I'll make the change.
jono
Aspiring Pro

Thanks James, I'll post a reminder for you on the 31st.
regards
jono
jono
Aspiring Pro

Hi James, I've just noticed a message saying I have an answer to my question in the support ticket section which a list of dates, the change of product you put through for me, you said to wait until the 30Th of March then contact you, the ticket message says the question runs out at 9am on the 30th, should I contact you just before that time or just after on that exact day. Does it make any difference? regarding the 12 month contract.
regards
john
James
Grafter

Hi John,
I won't be able to do the change until it's actually happened, but it should be done by 9am on that date, so either way, I'm happy.
jono
Aspiring Pro

Thanks James, It puzzled me a bit when I saw the 9am so I thought I'd better ask.
regards
John
jono
Aspiring Pro

Hi James, You said to remind you today to sort the 12 month contract because of going onto the Plusnet Value product.
regards
jono