Did you mean: 

New Manage My Mail functionality

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

New Manage My Mail functionality

Afternoon all,
FYI, I've just posted the following planned maintenance post. I've attached a screengrab of where to find the new functionality.
Not a major change but saves people having to raise tickets if they want this doing.
Planned Manage My Mail Maintenance - Thursday 29th May 2:00pm-4:00pm
Maintenance Window:-
Thursday 29th May 2:00pm-4:00pm.
Service Affected:-
Manage My Mail.
Duration of expected customer impact:-
No negative customer impact is expected.
Detailed description of work to be performed:-
We will be introducing additional functionality to the Manage My Mail tool in the Member Centre that will allow customers the ability to completely turn off the delivery of email to specific domains on their account. Up until now this feature has only been available on request by raising a ticket to our support centre.
Expected customer impact:-
Customers will notice an additional 'Block all email to this domain' check-box under the 'Spam' tab of the Manage My Mail tool in the Member Centre.
Other Notes:-
None.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

13 REPLIES 13
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: New Manage My Mail functionality

Bob,
At present oldjim@username.plus.com and oldjim@myothersite.co.uk are not differentiated. Does this mean that this is no longer true and, if so, will the differentiate extend to individual mailboxes.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

They are differentiated in that they can have separate spam settings. You can't have different mail boxes for each domain though. All this new functionality allows you to do is turn each domain (and *all* email addresses associated with it) 'on' or 'off'.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

madjbright
Grafter

Quote from: Bob
You can't have different mail boxes for each domain though. All this new functionality allows you to do is turn each domain (and *all* email addresses associated with it) 'on' or 'off'.

If you can't have different mail boxes for each domain then all mail boxes must be associated with all domains. If you then "turn one domain (and *all* email addresses associated with it off" surely you will be doing the same for the other domain, or have I missed something?
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I have three PN names, Free-online.co.uk, idps.co.uk (a short form route to free-online) and since the security hassle me.uk.
I now no longer  get non spam messages - except duplicate PN messages to free-online. can I switch that off as it is the default address?
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Quote from: madjbright
If you can't have different mail boxes for each domain then all mail boxes must be associated with all domains. If you then "turn one domain (and *all* email addresses associated with it off" surely you will be doing the same for the other domain, or have I missed something?

Perhaps I haven't worded things too well?
Imagine the following scenario...
You are a PlusNet customer with the username 'turnmeoff'. By default all your email addresses fall under the domain @turnmeoff.plus.com. You have 3 mailboxes on your account:
fred@turnmeoff.plus.com
dave@turnmeoff.plus.com, and
bob@turnmeoff.plus.com
Let's assume you're getting heavily spammed to these addresses (perhaps following the webmail incident last year).
You register the domain name @leavemeon.co.uk and host this on your account.
You still have three mailboxes and email will be delivered to them as follows:
fred - This receives email to fred@turnmeoff.plus.com and fred@leavemeon.co.uk
dave - This receives email to dave@turnmeoff.plus.com and dave@leavemeon.co.uk
bob - This receives email to bob@turnmeoff.plus.com and bob@leavemeon.co.uk
You want to keep on receiving email to your new @leavemeon.co.uk, but you want to get rid of all the spam that's being sent to the turnmeoff.plus.com addresses.
All you would need to do is select the 'Block all email to this domain' checkbox for the turnmeoff.plus.com domain under the 'Spam' tab of the Manage My Mail tool and apply the settings.
@pierre_pierre, yes you can switch off the email to the Free Online addresses. You will still receive the email to your other domains.
Let me know if this still isn't clear.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

pierre_pierre
Grafter

OK with me, I will just have to train PN to send all my e-mails to my new one and not 98%  Shocked Roll_eyes
Just checked the recent ones, they are envelope to free-online.co.uk and cc .me.uk, If I turn off the free-online one will I get the CC ones OK?
hop
Grafter

Excellent new feature - thanks!
Should be able to go nearly spam-free now using my free .uk domain name.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Quote from: pierre_pierre
Just checked the recent ones, they are envelope to free-online.co.uk and cc .me.uk, If I turn off the free-online one will I get the CC ones OK?

Yes, you should.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

pierre_pierre
Grafter

I have been analysing my spam since 16 May, I had 379 to Free-online and 137 to idps.co.uk, none to me.uk
Now applied the blanket ban to Free-online.co.uk- let hope for a big reduction
ddunford
Grafter

Hi pierre_pierre,
just out of interest, how are your spam levels looking now that you have turned the freeonline domain off?
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Virtually non existent now, just got my first Quarantine, dont want it, do I have to take any Action
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Nope, you can just ignore/delete the notification.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

pierre_pierre
Grafter

Thanks again for the good info