Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New House Move - Constant Delays and Bad Communication

minimos
Grafter

New House Move - Constant Delays and Bad Communication

Hi,
I have been a customer of Plusnet for a long time and have just recently moved house, and to say the whole process is a nightmare would be an understatement.
The house I have moved to is a new home, which required lots of remedial work by Openreach to connect my street to the cabinet.  The work by OR on their infrastructure was due to be completed last Tuesday 09/09, and a engineer appointment was booked for 11/09.
The engineer turned up at 9am, all good and well I thought and he started to install me a master socket in the house, it was then that he realised there was no dial tone, so he popped off down to the cabinet and returned sometime later saying that there was another OR engineer in the cabinet completing some underground cabling work (the job that apparently had been completed on the 09/09 but had overrun). 
Anyway, the helpful engineer said he could pull me a pair through before he completed the work so that it could be jumper-ed to the fibre cabinet in prep for when he completed his work, but he needed his managers approval to do this, after many phone calls the engineer was told he could not do the work until the cabling engineer had signed off his work at which point he left saying you'll probably have a working phone sometime today, but he can't complete the fibre install.  The job was closed down and the engineer left, 30 minutes later I had a dial tone and working number. typical if he had been an hour later it would have all  been completed.
I contacted PN that same day to report this and was told that I would get a response in 24 - 48 hours, where you would try and get me an expedited engineers appointment to to rectify the problem.  Within 24 hours I received an update saying your suppliers (come on we know its Openreach) were waiting on an update to the job and you had to check back within 24 hours.
I have phoned PN this morning to be told by a rather unhelpful agent (the first one I have had in all this process), that it still needs to be done by another team and the response time is 24 - 48 hours again, but it looks like there is a capacity issue at the cabinet as reported on the close down job from Thursday.  Well I am sorry, this is unacceptable, it was Thursday since the engineer visited, another 48 hours is almost a full week since I reported back and we still have no clear line of resolution and action, this is hardly expedited.
Also to add salt to the wounds, I know from speaking to 2 of my neighbors at the weekend that they had competed fibre orders done on Friday the day after my visit, and there has also been another 4 WiFi Hot Spots appear taking the total to 6 on my street, where prior to Thursday where there were none due to our street not being cabinet connected, which indicates even more orders have been completed for various service providers since Thursday morning,
Please can someone look into this as a matter of urgency, I am now worried that there is no longer any capacity in the fibre cabinet and this order will never be completed, and this was one of my key requirements when purchasing a new house to which I went to a lot of trouble to research to be confident that the estate would be fibre enabled.
Thank you for any assistance you can provide
A very frustrated
Minimos
7 REPLIES 7
minimos
Grafter

Re: New House Move - Constant Delays and Bad Communication

Hi,
Is someone from PN not able to take up this problem and own it?
All I want is for someone to take the bull by the horns, phone your suppliers (Openreach), and agree a plan of action to resolve this today, hopefully with an engineers visit booked for sometime this week, the sooner the better really.
I'm being charged for a service I can not use!
Here's hoping
Minimos
DanHodby
Grafter

Hi minimos,
I'm sorry to hear about this.
I've asked a member of our supplier team to pick this up straight away.
Dan
minimos
Grafter

Hi Dan,
Thank you so much.
All I want is a bit of urgency applied to the situation along with some ownership.  OR are the root of the problem, but today I was extremely frustrated by PN's response to my call certainly as it was a continuation of a problem under investigation
If someone does not drag OR kicking and screaming in the right direction nothing gets done, so the info I was given this morning did not fit in line with the usual PN response to problems I have had in the past (which includes helping me over the last few weeks with the house move).
You are restoring my faith in PN again....
Fingers crossed for a positive outcome and working broadband this week!
Minimos
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi minimos,
I've spoken to Openreach today who managed to get in touch with the contractors who've confirmed that the external work is complete so that "activity" on the order should be marked off as "complete" within the next 24 hours. As soon as this activity is showing as complete we should be able to get the order closed off so that we can progress with the Fibre installation.
I'm very sorry for the continued delay. I'll inform our Supplier team accordingly and they'll check back either later today or tomorrow morning.
minimos
Grafter

Hi,
I am just posting back to give an update on my order.
Thank you so much to Dan, Linn and the rest of the support team who since I created this thread last week have kept me up to date everyday on my order. 
The good news is that an engineer has visited today and completed my FTTC order so I can finally get back to some real '[net use without being tethered to a slow 3G connection on my phone.
I thought it is always good to post back with some good news stories so that others can see that progress is made and the Plusnet support team work real hard to solve issues within their control.
I have just one query remaining now, is it possible to have a credit for the previous month on my account for the broadband?  As I was a home mover I've been paying for BB which I cannot use during the new install period which is just over 4 weeks since I moved into my new house.
Thanks in advance
Minimos
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi minimos,
I'm glad to hear that this has been resolved.
It's been exactly a month, so I'll refund you a month's service (at the £19.99 price, rather than the now £16.50 price).
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
minimos
Grafter

Hi Matty.
Thank you, another reason to vindicate my reason to stay with PN.
Great customer service
Minimos