cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New FTTC Order should of gone live today no engineer turn up

Brutos
Dabbler

New FTTC Order should of gone live today no engineer turn up

So took the day off work at home waiting all day no engineer turned on appointment time 1pm to 6pm, not really a great start to my service with Plusnet really not. No call no information then to get any Informatipn had to wait almost 30 minutes to speak to someone who then tells me I will get a call back in 24 hours totally unacceptable just not good enough.
Can someone look into this as I am now reconsidering my move to plusnet.
7 REPLIES 7
Brutos
Dabbler

Re: New FTTC Order should of gone live today no engineer turn up

Anyone from the Plusnet Team care to help please?
RCrozier
Grafter

Hi Brutos,
As a fellow network engineer I can understand your frustration on this. It's quite common for BT OpenReach engineers to be unreliable. However for me, they did actually turn up when they were supposed to.
PlusNet can only really get on BT's back about this and reschedule another engineer.
PlusNet should really improve their communication with their customer in these cases as it's not fun booking time off of work and then sitting around for 5 hours waiting for someone and they never show up but again, the fault is probably going to be on BT OpenReach's side.
Brutos
Dabbler

I know it 99% Open reach fault  totally understand as i have worked in broadband support and I know how unreliable they can be, just need plusnet to be more proactive
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Brutos, following your call in earlier today I've been able to talk to our suppliers and get them to expedite the order - it'll now be happening on Monday afternoon (16th) for you, hope that helps.
Brutos
Dabbler

Thats great thanks mate.
digitalham
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Better than I got from BT a year back...
http://www.idontbelieveit.me.uk/openreach-the-unaccountable-monopoly/
I'm hoping that this time around on the 19th the Openreach bloke will find time in his busy day to do the install I've had booked. If not then I'll probably remain on cable once again.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

What a waste of your booking day off work. If it was me, I will be very angry and sued BT Openreach for waste my holiday day off work.