cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Customer

katief
Dabbler

New Customer

Hi Guys - Well I'm up an running on Fibre Broadband at last! Hoorah! Just a quick question though - does anyone know if it is common for the speed to drop after installation? When the engineer left I was cruising at 24mb (which is amazing where I live) and now I have dropped to 12mb! Is this normal - either way I'm pretty happy with it but thought I would pick your brains!
Thanks for any help with this!
7 REPLIES 7
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: New Customer

Hi katief,
A warm welcome to Plusnet and the community site.
A drop in speeds like that isn't normal but in the same token don't think that its something you need to live with.
Could I ask you to run another speed test here tonight: http://www.speedtester.bt.com/ and if possible at another time of day tomorrow and reply to this thread.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
katief
Dabbler

Hi Adam - will do! Thanks for the quick response!
here's a test I did just now but I will do the test tonight too for you!

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks,
We do need you to test using the BT line I gave too as that helps us report the issue with our suppliers.
When you do another test tonight I'd also advise raising a fault  here: https://portal.plus.net/apps/kbdfaults
reply back to this thread afterwards and I'll make sure we pick the issue up for you.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
katief
Dabbler

Hi Adam
Here is tonights test!
It's alot better than earlier!  But up and down like a yoyo!  Huh
jazz
Grafter

@katief    Hope your problem gets resolved.  My speed dropped like that too after I switched to fibre then after a few days of ups and downs settled at about 13mbps.  My wife's laptop was faster though and that was when I realised my computer's wireless adapter was an old "g" standard Netgear and was limiting me.  I swapped to a new wireless adapter (a Netgear to match the Plusnet supplied router) and now I'm over 30mbps download.  Good luck  Smiley
katief
Dabbler

Thanks for your help guys! Spoken to tech and tested my line - all good!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Glad to hear you got that sorted.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team