cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Customer with "activated broadband" but no signal?

BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: New Customer with "activated broadband" but no signal?

Just to clarify, we assign the highest possible line profile (i.e. 7150 for ADSL1, 23,000 for ADSL2+) when an account is created so that we do not unnecessarily restrict customers who may receive a high line profile shortly after they are provisioned. As the OP hasn't been able to sync up, we've had no Delta report so our profile has not changed. This doesn't mean that there has been an active line crossed with this one or anything like that.
As always, we are more than happy to look into a refund / discount for the time without service. However, this can only be actioned once the service is back up and running (so we know the total time without service) and is dependant upon the cause of the fault. Please note that any refunds or discounts are addressed on a case by case basis and are not always given, as per our terms and conditions as broadband is not a guaranteed service. All you need to do is raise a ticket once the fault is resolved (so that we have the request in writing) and this will be looked at.
retroboy
Dabbler

I've just cancelled my account and requested a refund so no need to book an engineer now.
I really can't dedicate anymore time/energy into this updating tickets, calling PN etc. I realise PN is not technically the one at fault here (apart from a few obvious errors like getting mixed up between august and september!) . I'm thinking it MAY be easier to sign up with BT themselves sometime in the future once my soul has recovered. The fault will no doubt have to be dealt with should I be brave enough to apply for broadband again.
For now I'll stick with my trusty dial-up. People make fun of me but at least it works and today I'm currently clocking a massive 52 kbps.  Shocked
Thanks to anyone who replied here to offer assistance.
grahamt
Rising Star

Thanks for that clarification, Ben.  So maybe it's just some sort of 'normal' line fault after all.
Having just seen retroboy's latest post, all I can say is that I hope whoever next gets the account can deal with BT better.
Graham
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'm sorry it came to that Sad I could try to organise a Saturday visit for you, if that would be more convenient? Your service isn't ceased yet so it's not too late to change your mind.