cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Customer but VERY Slow

mlpoulton
Dabbler

Re: New Customer but VERY Slow

I've been away all weekend so just checked again this morning.  Speedtester is currently showing:
Download speedachieved during the test was - 5.73 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 0.6 Mbps-7.15 Mbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :8.13 Mbps(DOWN-STREAM), 0.45 Mbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 6 Mbps
... so slowly creeping up.  Could you let me know when BT will re-provision on 21CN?
Thanks.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

@mlpoulton
Hi mlpoulton,
Glad to see your speed is getting there, your ADSL2+ order will complete by the 30th July.
Chris
mlpoulton
Dabbler

Well despite your assurances nothing has changed.
The upgrade to 21CN does not appear to have happened and my speed has topped out at 6.5Mb today.
Can you someone at Plusnet please look in to this for me - it has now been well over 2 weeks.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi,
You order still hasn't completed yet, it will complete today, it can complete up until midnight. You will then see your increased speeds. For the first 10 days your line will train itself and you may see your speeds fluctuate.
If your have any questions with this let me know.
Chris.
mlpoulton
Dabbler

Well Plusnet, despite your assurances, as I expected nothing has changed - the upgrade hasn't happened and my connection remains exactly the same.
Can you please look in to this for me and get it sorted...
mlpoulton
Dabbler

... I take my last post back!
I have just rebooted and have connected at 20Mb. However my connection now drops every 30 seconds or so.
Is this just a setup phase?
It's been up and down for about 30 minutes now...
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

There can be downtime at initially, the line has a 10 day training period. I am looking into this for you and will update later today.
Let me know if there is any change.
SpencerUk
Grafter

@mlpoulton
Could you confirm to me if you are in the test socket at the moment. If you are not, could you connect your router to it for me. Thanks
mlpoulton
Dabbler

The router is in the main socket. Nothing else plugged in anywhere in the house. The line quality sounds perfect but it still drops a few seconds after connecting...
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

If possible can you connect to your <a href="http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/master-socket-guide.shtml#whatsTest">test socket</a> so we can see what is going on with your connection.
Please let me know when you have done this if you have one.

mlpoulton
Dabbler

I don't actually have a test socket - it is a new house with the grey BT box on the outside.
However, it now seems to have stabilised OK - no disconnections for about half an hour and a steady 17.5Mb down / 350Kb up so I'll see how it goes over the next few days.
Could you cancel the interleaving order that Spencer has placed - I only want that if I really need it as it affects my gaming/VOIP?
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Ok, let's see how the connection is over the next 24-48 hours. Interleaving won't matter if your a skilled gamer Wink I'll check on you connection tomorrow and we then can go from there, just need your line to stabilise first. Interleaving is something that will only be on if needed like you said, lets just check the stability first as it is.
Chris