cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Connection

krusty83uk

New Connection

Hello My connection went active last Thursday 12/05/11
I am on the extra package with the pro add on 60GB a month Peak time.
Since my service went active I have downloaded 45GB.  37GB of it was downloaded between midnight and 8am.  93% of my bandwidth usage was P2P.
The question is can I expect my bandwidth the be managed any time soon?  Can you really download as much as you want on off peak times?
Russell
5 REPLIES 5
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: New Connection

between midnight and 8 am - as much as you like, but better just after midnight and finish before 8 am, see the VMBU link at bottom left of this page, that will give you your paid and free figure for the current mont
krusty83uk

Yeah thats what I have been doing and I know how to check my useage on the plus net site.
David_W
Rising Star

Between Midnight and 8am is PlusNet's "quiet time" when not really many people are using the internet for normal activities so they allow people to freely use as much as they want in these hours, I've gone over 100Gb myself (and people have gone a *lot* more).  The majority of heavy downloaders (and even normal downloaders) will set their downloads to take place off peak, I guess that's what it is there for, to protect peak hours from heavy downloading.
krusty83uk

Thats great I was getting worried incase they had a secert limit but if your hitting a 100gb without a problem I should be fine.
I just moved house where I had a 1.5mb connection lucky if I hit 15GB a month downloading off peak.  I now have a 8mb connection where the sky is the limit now.
Thanks for your feedback 
Epyon
Grafter

Heres mine from last month you should be fine