cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New BT Line Installation

markrach
Grafter

Re: New BT Line Installation

I must admit the last 2 engineers that came to my property regarding my line were ok , chatty , one was a keen COD4 player  Grin , spent most of the time he was here chatting about haw an XBOX360 Was better than a PS3  Cheesy
Jameseh , i won't be proposing , i haven't even proposed to my other half of 6 years  Huh

James
Grafter

I have to admit, I had no idea ASBO DOG was a BT Engineer!
markrach
Grafter

Neither did i , but i do think he browses a few other forums , Sky Users i think nd maybe DSL Zone  Grin .
scootie
Grafter

[quote author=jameseh link=topic=75226.msg600438#msg600438 date=1237989325]
I have to admit, I had no idea ASBO DOG was a BT Engineer!

Grin . didnt you ever wonder how iam allmost allways on the forum. when us bt engineers come round to test your line the laptops not for testing but for just doing normal web surfing at you usage expense.
p.s thanks all you guys/girls that supply a cuppa tea why i surf the net at your house  Tongue
pps. iam not realy a bt engineer so dont pm spam with hate letters Wink
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

I think you're protesting too much  Wink  Grin
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Lurker
Grafter

Yeah, and that sort of denial is just what we'd expect from an Openreach engineer. Wink Grin
dontfollowme
Dabbler

I am shortly about to order a new line using the £30 special offer rate. Will the BT engineer require access to the property (new build)?
Lurker
Grafter

I would expect so, unless you want to have the telephone socket in the garden.
Its possible that the builder of the property paid for Openreach to come in and fit phone lines and master sockets as part of the build, but even so, the engineer would want access to the property to check that it had been correctly patched through.
I'm guessing this isn't the answer you wanted...
On the plus side, the engineer will have some work to do before he needs access to the property, so you could request that the engineer gives you 30mins notice if that helps you.
markrach
Grafter

Getting back on subject  ;D.
The number BT gave me on the order will that be the number for the second line or is it just a dummy number for the order , asking because i thought i would ring it and it always comes up engaged  Grin
Lurker
Grafter

I would expect it to be the final number for the line, unless you have specifically asked for it to be provided with a dummy number (in anticipation of a number port or somesuch)
Mav
Fixes: 515

AFAIK BT will give a number at the moment you make the request for a new line but always re-iterate that it can change between the date of the order and installation.
So far I have done three new lines over the past 4 years and always have ended up with the number given at the time the order was placed.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

markrach
Grafter

BT still not been  Sad No phone call from anyone , although BT called last night then just hung up after 2 rings  >:(.
markrach
Grafter

Well its in  Cheesy , Engineer that connected the line back to the exchange even turned up to tell me its all copper and no ali , being as my area is notorious for ali  Wink , so all should come good hopefully as my line PN is on i was told had some ali in places .
Now just whom to go with  Undecided , no ISP at the moment can give me any idea on what i will get as when they check BT have no info on the phone number  :'(.
James
Grafter

PM me the number and address and I'll see if I can find anything out.
BTW - Just put a new ticket on your account.
dontfollowme
Dabbler

The new line is due to be installed on the 22nd April. There are already sockets in the new place too. We are also keeping our number.
How soon does Plus Net want to know about the house move? When the line is installed?