cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Account - Awaiting Activation

Wheel_nut
Grafter

New Account - Awaiting Activation

I am monitoring the activation of a new account for a Referral. It seems to be stuck " Checking your details Your order is awaiting submission."  and has been in ths state for a week now:
The username is norriec. Please could someone at PlusNet check if this is awaiting any action feom the user.
Many thanks, R
13 REPLIES 13
prichardson
Grafter

Re: New Account - Awaiting Activation

This account has an additional delay associated with it, due to the payment method selection.
There is no current action required and if we come across problems with the confirmation stage, we will be giving the customer a call.
A call to the support centre with updates payment details will be able to speed the activation.
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Hi Phil,
In a previous thread, James quoted that it would take 10 working days to complete the migration if it was done by Direct Debit. This is (working) day six so I expected that the order would have been submitted by now.
What date would you now estimate the migration to complete? The User wants to avoid paying Tiscali for another month's subs.
R
paulby
Grafter

I think what Phil is saying is that they're waiting for your referral's direct debit to be set up with the bank (takes about 5 days).  Once that's active the broadband order will proceed.
However, if your referral calls in with his/her credit card details, the first payment will be taken there and then which will speed up the entire process!
Edit:  Looks like you knew that already - was typing while you were posting!
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Paul, Yes, I am aware that the process can be accelerated by paying the first month by Credit Card but this was not necessary as there were 15 working days left on the Tiscali month to allow the 10 day DD process to take its course.
I am trying to ascertain that the DD migration process is on schedule.
prichardson
Grafter

When I looked the Direct Debit wasn't active (and I can't find my VPN token so I can recheck exact dates). It was within the 10 calendar days when I checked.
As soon as the email saying the Direct Debit is active (will also leave a service notice in the contact us section), it will be 5 working days for migration from that point.
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Hi again Phil,
I refer to James' response to my questions in this thread:  http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,67736.0.html
If I understand you correctly, the Direct Debit should have been "Active" on working day five which was last Friday. Should I be concerned that it is almost working day seven and this has not yet happened?
Can I ask you to check this when you get a moment tomorrow. We still have time to avoid this running into another Tiscali month but it is getting close.
R
James
Grafter

Hi Wheel Nut,
I've asked one of our finance guys to have a look at this for you.  He's going to have a look when he's out of his meeting that he's had to dive into.
From my perspective, there doesn't look like there's anything that's actually wrong, but he'll double check it for me nonetheless.
James
Grafter

Hi Wheel Nut,
The direct Debit Instruction has now gone active, so it should be about 5 working days from now.
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Many thanks James. He now has 4 working days slack before his next payment to Tiscali is due so should be able to cancel the Direct Debit Mandate next Tuesday.
Thanks again, R
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Today is the Migration day and predictably, the connection went dead. I have entered the new Plusdsl.net ID and password but it is failing Authentication.
Please could somebody check that the service has been started at PlusNet. Username is norriec
I would raise a ticket but the Help and Support Wizards really suck and I couldn't find the fast path to raise a Ticket. Isn't it time you fixed this! You have had numerous suggestions about this on her and TBB.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I'm looking at this now, my initial thoughts are the order has completed but we haven't received the BBCR report and therefore haven't activated the account on our system.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
James
Grafter

Hi Wheel Nut,
Can you try again please?
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Chris and James,
All fixed and running sweetly at a full 8Med down and 448K Up. User is very impressed! He now believes that I have a Red Phone to the gods.
Very impressive service and deserving of all the awards you have got.
Now, when will I be able to come back ...  Undecided