Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network problems

Mark
Grafter

Network problems

Hi guys.
Just posted this to TBB as I couldnt get access to anything else.
We are currently investigating an intermitent problem which is affecting our portal, the Community site, PUG server and Usertools, including Service status, in addition to some internal network services.
Our networks engineers have been called out and we will provide further information as soon as possible.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused and hope to have this issue resolved as soon as possible.

Cant give any further info just now but we'll provide further detail as we get it.

20 REPLIES 20
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Network problems

Already copied to the Usergroup forums - surprised thay weren't accessible
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

DDOS?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Email (POP/SMTP) has been more down than up for at least half an hour as well.  Sad
zubel
Community Veteran

I've been getting connectivity problems on and off all evening - been yapping to your guys on MSN about it (poor them :D)
Right now, it appears much more stable than it was.
B.
geewizz
Grafter

Oh marvelous!
I've spent the last half hour painfully executing a broadband fault checker procedure through an intermittent connection. It tells you to make sure that your equipment is turned on and kept connected (yeah, if that was so easy then I wouldn't be doing this, would I??) ... and then I got disconnected.
I get back on and find this thread in the forums which sheds some light on the whole thing. Shame I didn't wait 10 mins before starting the Broadband Fault Confirmer.
db100547
Dabbler

I tried to get onto the site tonight ,Plus net ( any area)  and 7 email tries, and 10 web page tries and got bounced every time ,
Tried the support phone number 0845 002 0173 , and got told no faults !!!!!

It's all very well get get information about  how good plus is ' from various surveys, but if one cannot get a connect to any of the sites available , and the phone message is no help , why are they getting these congratulations .
( Microsoft site , and others were connecting  ???? ?   Not sure why ? )

Hiopefully someone will get there act together  soon !!!!!!!
gyre
Grafter

Thanks for posting this Mark.
I've had nasty pings all night and awful connection to the plusnet tools.  I'd started debugging my own network to see what was broken, but I don't need to now Smiley
-- gyre --
Azagoth
Grafter

Would this explain why I kept on losing my connection whilst playing EVE Online earlier? 
Beetroot_Bertie
Grafter

Could be. My connection to Xbox live has been terrible tonight with constant disconnections and I'm wondering if it's a symptom of the same problem mentioned here.
EDIT: People seem to be reporting problems with Xbox live since todays "maintenance" so my issue is probably more to with that.
I've given up now and I should probably go to bed. Hopefully it'll be OK tomorrow.
chino
Grafter

Well done Mark... you got this posted within 6 minutes of the service status getting posted!
Adam was about to post in here only to find someone had already done it... once again we look on TBB and you done it again..
Sadly no update at 1am on http://status.plus.net though i am suffering no problems  Wink
xxSONICxx
Dabbler

Hi,  Hope some1 here has had some experience of  my problem tonight....
On "Broadband Your Way Pro"
- Free Over Night speed restriction @ 25 kbps instead of normal  610 kbps !
First time ever i've had peer 2 peer restrictions @ 25kbps @ 1:00 am.  Sad
Was fine today @ ~580kbps, but that was in my paid allowance time.
Now @ past 1:30am...my overnight free time is still restricted.
I just hope it's to do with everyone else's problem this night !

godsell4
Rising Star

The service status located here. Reads:
Our network engineers have located the fault and resolved the underlying issue.
All network connectivity is back to normal and we're back to full redundancy also.

A question from a customer on this.
The statement 'we are back to full redundancy' sounds great news ... the question though is what does the redundancy give you when it is clear due to this one failure it caused problems with so many people.
You can only call something redundant when the network will carry on working transparently without that part operating. Clearly when that part broke the network died for many people.
Any reply from PN?
SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Ah, not quite.
The thing about redundancy is that it usually means you've got backup ready to swing into action when something breaks. With intermittent faults that isn't always obvious.  Sad
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

There's a bit more detail about the problem in the P1 problem I retrospectively published to the portal this morning.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵