cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netgear n150/wnr1000v3 Firmware?

petebs

Netgear n150/wnr1000v3 Firmware?

This is a continuation of http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,110966.msg951479.html#msg951479, however since the topic of discussion is quite different I thought it would be best to put it in it's own topic.
After the whole Techinicolor saga, we ended up getting our connections all working by using the following:
Master Socket > OpenReach Modem > Technicolor Router > Netgear DG834G > Powerline (xe102 > xe104) > Son's computer.
However, as you can see this is a very messy solution, and seeing that Plusnet used to supply N150 routers with their fibre connections, we managed to find a refurbished one for under £20.
My son has tried setting it up to reflect the settings that are the technicolor so the OpenReach doesn't see a difference. However, this didn't seem to work. Looking on the Plusnet documentation, it appears that there is a custom Plusnet firmware for the N150 that kept the settings that interacted with the Openreach Modem when it was factory reset. This is what I'm asking for.
I'm aware that the Wireless Network and Router Access credentials will probably be different than admin/password and an open connection, so if anyone linking to/supplying the firmware were to give these as well it would be appreciated.
Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2
kmilburn
Grafter

Re: Netgear n150/wnr1000v3 Firmware?

IIRC the only modification to the stock firmware was in thclusion of TR-069 support,  which provides the automatic configuration.
As Plusnet no longer provide this router, I doubt they'll update the latest release,  and the Netgear version works fine as is.
For manual configuration, the connection details page in the portal shows the login name you need to use on the router, along with your standard Plusnet password.
petebs

Re: Netgear n150/wnr1000v3 Firmware?

After a bit of tweaking and patience he's got it working now, so it works modem > router > powerline > computer, like it should.
Sorry for making a superfluous topic, please lock or delete. :]