Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netgear DG834GT firmware upgrades & functionality

HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Netgear DG834GT firmware upgrades & functionality

Hello, I wondered if anyone knew for sure what the various firmware updates on the DG834GT enable in relation to ADSL2+.
Mine is currently on firmware version 1.02.04 which I moved to ages ago, not even sure why but I think it related to Wireless encryption options.
Since then there's been 1.02.09, 1.02.13 and 1.02.14. I think I tried 1.02.09 but it caused wireless problems (that appear now to be fixed in 13/14) so I reverted.
1.02.14 includes "ITU G.992.5 Annex M which extends the capability of basic ADSL2 by doubling the number of upstream bits" which I think is the higher-speed upload capability that companies like Be are offering at up to 2.5Mbps.
Comments against the older 1.01.28 include "Updated the ADSL driver to improve ADSL2 and ADSL2+ support" implying it already had ADSL2+ support, though I can't find anything specific in the product literature about this.
So is anyone using this model with ADSL2+ and what are their speed/throughput experiences and firmware version.
I might add that I'm NOT on ADSL2+ at present but the LLU providers are moving in on my area so it will very soon be an option to consider for me and my friends/neighbours many of whom have the same router though many different broadband providers.