cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix streaming problems since Friday evening (2nd May)

Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Netflix streaming problems since Friday evening (2nd May)

Perfect, let's see how that performs for the next 24 hours if that's ok? That will give the graph time to populate with more data for us to work from.
burundi
Dabbler

Thanks Chris, I'll try and keep a note of any slowdowns in iPlayer or Netflix over the next few days.
Ta.
burundi
Dabbler

Some stuttering in Netflix around 5.30pm to 5.50pm on the 7th May, otherwise it has been ok, no issues in Netflix playback this morning.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

That seems better, if we can see how things are overnight again, that would be great.
Things seem to be improving somewhat.
burundi
Dabbler

Hi Chris, I noted some stuttering again when watching Netflix last night around 7.05pm, this was a SuperHD film.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for letting me know.
Would you mind if I tried you on a different policy to see if I can get this sorted out for you? You won't need to do anything, it will just require me to place an order from our back end systems to see if we can get the quality issue sorted out?
burundi
Dabbler

We can try a different line policy if you think that will help, although looking at the TBB graph there doesn't appear to be a significant latency or packet loss issue.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'm not sure if the line errors in the evening which might cause issues with your streaming.
I'll get the order placed and see how we get on. You are unlikely to notice any difference until Tuesday though.
burundi
Dabbler

Hi, over the last couple of mornings, usually between 7.15 to 8am we've had significant issues with Netflix.  I think if anything altering the profile seems to have made it worse.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

What device are you using and depending on your answer, are you able to connect with an Ethernet Cable if you aren't already?
burundi
Dabbler

It's an LG Smart TV, 2013 Model, it's connected via an ethernet cable, I'm going to replace the cables as they are a few years old, I've got some new CAT6 cables to try.
burundi
Dabbler

I've not had any Netflix issues for over a week now.  On the evening of the above post I replaced the cables connecting the TV to the switch and tried it again and it still stuttered in Netflix, I tried a different cable run to the Network switch and it did the same, tried connecting the TV directly to the plusnet router instead of into my gigabit switch and it still did the same.  Reading some of the other troubleshotting steps that other users had tried I loaded the Netflix app onto a tablet and tried the same program on the tablet, this time it ran fine with no stuttering, I tried iplayer on the tv and netflix on the tablet and it was still fine on the tablet so no bandwidth issues.
As a last resort I reset the LG TV back to the factory settings which I really didn't want to have to and I'm still trying to get the picture settings back to how they were but it instantly cured the streaming issues, what I couldn't stream for 5 minutes with it pausing or stuttering just half and hour before played with no issues after the reset.  It's been fine since.
The TV is an LG 42" 3D Smart TV from 2013 .  Not sure of the model number.  It had been going about 15 months before streaming became an issue.
Thanks for all your help and suggestions.