cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Net keeps dropping out

kev25v6
Dabbler

Net keeps dropping out

I have a Thomson TG 585v7  router and it keeps dropping the connection. Ive tried a different cable, new filter,resetting the router, test socket running and it makes no difference, it still keeps losing the connection. My phone shows the Plusnet connection but cant connect wirelessly to the net and my netbook is just the same, it finds Plusnet then error messages that it cant connect. Ive tried the phone and netbook on another router/internet and they log on straight away. What could be my problem and how to fix it please?
xDSL linestate up (ITU-T G.992.1; downstream: 8128 kbit/s, upstream: 448 kbit/s; output Power Down: 13.5 dBm, Up: 11.5 dBm; line Attenuation Down: 10.0 dB, Up: 7.5 dB; snr Margin Down: 10.5 dB, Up: 30.0 dB)
5 REPLIES 5
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Re: Net keeps dropping out

So you cannot connect wirelessly to your router and the router keeps dropping the internet connection, or is it the wireless connection?  And you virtually live at the telephone exchange.  Faulty router would seen to be the obvious diagnosis. 
kev25v6
Dabbler

It wont let the netbook on wireless at all, the phone is intermittant and it drops the cable connection to both the desktop and the netbook randomly. All the lights go off on the router when it loses the connection. Would a new router sort this or is it likely the line has a problem too? Speed has been down from 8meg to around 4meg on btspeedtester site. I can see the exchange from the front garden.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi kev25v6,
According to ticket 48747276 I can see that interleaving should be enabled tomorrow. Do let me know if that doesn't help things and I'll get back on the case for you.
Adam.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
kev25v6
Dabbler

I will report back tomorrow thanks. Does it seem like a line problem or a router problem?
I was just going to post up the latest stats from the router and it reset again 15 mins ago. There were 11 errors last time I looked. Would the interleaving affect the netbook connecting by wireless?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there,
I can't state if its either a line or a router issue at this stage I'm afraid. However if you are concerned that the router might be at fault the best advice I can offer is to try another one, if you decide to do that but don't think you'd be able to get your hands on one, just let us know as we can help with that.
Re interleaving, that only affects how data is transferred over the line itself so it can't affect your wireless connection.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team