cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need someone to look over router stats please.

dave1240
Grafter

Need someone to look over router stats please.

DSL Connection
Link Information
Uptime:
0 days, 0:29:05
DSL Type:
G.992.5 annex A
Maximum Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]:
1,132 / 14,916
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]:
1,133 / 13,802
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [MB/MB]:
4.99 / 39.71
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]:
12.5 / 20.0
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]:
15.5 / 29.5
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]:
6.0 / 3.0
Vendor ID (Local/Remote):
TMMB / IFTN
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote):
0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote):
0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote):
0 / 0
Loss of Link (Remote):
Error Seconds (Local/Remote):
1 / 0
FEC Errors (Up/Down):
17,888 / 1,422,486
CRC Errors (Up/Down):
1,281 / 129
HEC Errors (Up/Down):
0 / 609

Could someone have a quick look at the above please i am struggling to stream anything and gaming and teamspeak is a nightmare. I am connected directly to the router and into the master second(behind that plate).
5 REPLIES 5
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 155

Re: Need someone to look over router stats please.

Dave,
I'm no expert, though I have had a lot of experience in monitoring stats.  The HEC error rate shown above is about one per 3 seconds of 'up time'.  I suggest that you do a BT speed test (see the sticky posts at the top of this forum) and post the resolute results here.  Others will then be able to give more experienced guidance.
Cheers,
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Hi dave140,
those stats don't look too bad. You may have a bit of noise present as there's a few CRC errors there, but I don't think that has anything to do with your problems which I think are much more related to the Network issues http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,111170.0.html
Read a bit and then jump to the last few pages to see a more up to date situation. Some are having problems tonight and some aren't.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

The first thing that I noticed was that your SNR Target it relatively low. Are you seeing low speeds or a dropping on your connection?
dave1240
Grafter

Hi all and thank you for the replies, the connection does not completely it is still hanging onto team speak connection and my game. Team speak starts stuttering and guild wars 2 does not disconnect but is laggy. It feels like my connection is going below 1mb at random intervals but when I speed test I have 11mb download. This is the fastest I have ever had but recently I have problems and severe slow downs. The only way to resolve the fault is to restart the router but 90% of the time I just leave it and quit playing and everything seems fine later on. I am the only one connected apart from 2 mobile phones. I will look into it further from your posts.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

If you look at the TBB graph in townman's sig reply #1 (you'll have to look within the next 20 hours or less, otherwise it will have moved off the graph) but you can see the increases in latency caused by the network issues. It's also affecting download speed for some.
Rather than restarting the Modem/Router which causes you a loss of sync, better to log into it and Disconnect/drop your PPP(oA) Internet session, pause 30 seconds and then click Connect. This will Gateway hop, and you may get on a Gateway not displaying the problem (at the time).
Edit: If you are able to post some stats from the middle of the day that may be useful.