cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a static IP

FIXED
Rascalv2

Need a static IP

I use Discord to run my gaming business during these trying times.

However in peak times i notice i am unable to connect with my voice chats to speak to my customers.

Looking through the forums this seems to be resolved by having a Static IP on your account.

Please could someone tell me how i go about this as after trying both the technical help line and the customer services and being unable to reach anyone i'm now stuck unable to run my business properly. 

Many thanks in advance for anyone's help. 

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: Need a static IP

Fix

@Rascalv2  you SHOULD be able to do it yourself from the member centre portal, although some accounts seem to not be able to. Login to the portal, select the 'broadband' tab and you should see 'configure static ip' as one of the options. If it allows you to do it from your account then you will need to disconnect and reconnect the pppoe session for it to take effect.

Note there is a one-off charge of £5.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Rascalv2

Thank you for your response, I took your advice and went into my account. It says at this current time I am unable to set this myself and need to call the customer service number ( the same number I have tried several times today and got no response and just a voice message telling me to look for solutions on the plusnet forums LMAO)

Hopefully someone on the team is watching the forums and may see this :S

Rascalv2

@MisterW 

Many thanks.

Kept calling the tech line and eventually got through without a voice message telling me to come here.
They have set up my static IP for me, however im going to flag you answer as fixed my problem as what you said is correct there is a function to do it in the account, its just i didnt have access to it Smiley

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Glad you managed to get it sorted.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.