cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Napster, Pogo and Unlimited

huntylch

Napster, Pogo and Unlimited

Apologies if this question has been asked before here (I'm probably in the wrong topic too!) .  I joined PN a few weeks ago on the Option 3 package, mainly due to the one month contract. After being in AOL Hell for 2 years, 18 months of which were on contract, I didn't really want to get tied into another contract and face the same situation. After being with PN for 1 month I can safely say it's been like a breath of fresh air, and therefore I took the plunge and have signed up for the unlimited package which actually suits my needs more, as I have a large family that all use the connection.
My main query regarding the switch is that my family like to play on game sites such as Pogo and Big Fish Games Community  which are not bandwidth hungry like some of the others. Will speeds be affected on these sites?  We also use iTunes, Amazon and Napster for music downloads, these can't be scheduled (I havent found a way anyway, maybe someone can help there) will download speeds be affected on these sites? I haven't noticed any speed reduction on them before.
I'm not fussed about downloads, or any P2P as I have always scheduled anything like that for midnight on.
Also here is a slightly cheeky question, but I'm always told if you don't ask you don't get. I a regular reader/contributor on the Think Broadband forums where I read in the PN threads that existing customers who move from BBYW etc. onto the new packages only have to sign up for a 12 month contract. Here's the cheeky bit...although I've only been with PN for one month would this apply to me also?
5 REPLIES 5
James
Grafter

Re: Napster, Pogo and Unlimited

Hi huntylch,
Welcome to Plusnet Smiley
Firstly, if you wanted to move to the new products on an annual contract you would be more than welcome to do so.  Let me know once your account change has completed and I'll put you on an annual contract.
You shouldn't notice any slowdowns on your Java games.
iTunes is classed as a download server, and I suspect that Napster is treated the same, not sure about Amazon though.  Have a look here to see what speeds you should expect at different times of the day:
http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/products/archive/bbyw/speed.shtml#Option3speeds
huntylch

Thanks James, will do Smiley
huntylch

James, I just sent a PM as switch happened today. Hope this OK.
James
Grafter

Thanks, I've replied to your PM.
paulby
Grafter

will download speeds be affected on these sites?

The speeds are slightly different on Unlimited from those on BBYW Option 3.
You can find the Unlimited speeds here.
It's worth pointing out that PN have missed off the line covering "everything else" from the charts on that page (includes web browsing, streaming etc.).  "Everything else" will download at line speed.
If you want a side by side comparison of the two products then Kitz's site has a good tool here.