cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NAT aka "Game and application sharing" - where is the log ?

starfry
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

NAT aka "Game and application sharing" - where is the log ?

Hi, I have set up a NAT rule on my TG585 supplied by PlusNet (the router calls it "game and application sharing" for some unknown reason). It works.
Now when I set it up I enabled the "log" option and the GUI shows this as being "on".
I'dl like to inspect this log but I can't find where it is. I've looked with both the the web and cli admin tools but nothing jumps out.
Can someone point me in the right direction?
Thanks very much.
3 REPLIES 3
redbull2k14
Grafter

Re: NAT aka "Game and application sharing" - where is the log ?

starfry
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

thanks I didn't think that was it. I had expected a log of connections on that specific nat connection. Perhaps the log I'd hoped for doesn't exist?
the event log doesn't list any connections but it seems to list only today. I want to look at a history of the past ten days, when I know there were connections made because I made them myself.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Hi,
The GUI log is indeed not very long.
If you are happy playing with technical stuff, you can try the telnet log - see here for a load of useful info on these routers from one of the forum members - http://npr.me.uk - see the "save log to syslog client" section... which if you want all singing all dancing logging is a useful solution... if you know how to set up a syslog server, which I do not!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.