cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My speed has gone up

paulpicks21
Grafter

My speed has gone up

Seeing as there are always lots of threads about speeds going down (I think I posted one myself a while back)
I thought it only fair to post about the fact my speed has actually increased.
The normal speed I get is anywhere between 6 and 6.6 meg as an absolute max.
Well for the 1st time in the 8 years we have lived at this house I am now getting 7meg , must have run 20 tests over the last few days to confirm it.
I know its not a massive increase but every little helps.
So there we have it.
I still have to say I have nothing but praise for plusnet , my gaming is always spot on , I usually have the lowest ping of everyone on most servers I play.
Keep up the good work
Cheers
Paul.
3 REPLIES 3
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Re: My speed has gone up

You may have been switched to 21CN/ADSL2+ network which can give you a faster connection speed.
What are your line stats from the router. If you are syncing > 8192 then you are on ADSL2+. A bt speedtest will also show if you are on a faster connection and what your IP profile is set to.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Paul,
I actually thought it was a mistake when I read the title. Nice to see though, thanks.
@Peter, now now, let's not start troubleshooting faster connections! Wink
Jojo Smiley
scottmg
Grafter

I wish mine would speed up! Lol, our exchange is really poor..living in catterick garrison, we have the largest army camps, with all the intelligence bouncing back an forth around the world you would think they should of upgraded the exchange to recieve more than 5-6MB! But no, no upgrade and no sign of any upgrade. Time to move I reckon haha!