cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My router has gone - can I get a replacement

hamilton36
Grafter

My router has gone - can I get a replacement

My router has packed up.  Can I get a free replacement if I sign on for another year?
Many thanks,
Alex
9 REPLIES 9
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: My router has gone - can I get a replacement

Hi hamilton36,
Unfortunately the warranty on your router expired back in August. However we're happy to offer you another router on a 12 month deferred contract. We'd just ask you to pay £4.99 for postage and packing. Is that OK?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
hamilton36
Grafter

Yes please Adam.
Thanks,
Alex
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I've just had a problem trying to take the postage and packing fee as there seems to be an issue with the card details, could you update these for us please?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
hamilton36
Grafter

You take payments direct from my bank account, but I have just added a credit card too.
Thanks,
Alex
dick:quote
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks,
To clarify we only take monthly subscription payments from direct debits and we ask that any one-off payments are taken via card.
I've ordered your router which should be with you in around 3 working days.
Just out of curiosity can you let me know what signs the router has shown that it's faulty? I.e is it not powering up at all, are some lights on but not others etc...
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
hamilton36
Grafter

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
Thanks,
Just out of curiosity can you let me know what signs the router has shown that it's faulty? I.e is it not powering up at all, are some lights on but not others etc...

"No response from Plusnet" on my mobile and they became more frequent. Then the Internet light was off intemittently and finally off all the time.  I had an nasty Trojan and viral infection 2 days ago - Win32.Ramnit.Gen3 and Trojan.Win32.Vundo - which partially damaged my system.  I don't know if this also damaged the router or if the router packing up was coincidental, but it certainly added to the confusion.
Thanks again,
Alex
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

A computer virus can't actually cause physical damage to hardware. I would also bear in mind that the internet light being out doesn't necessarily mean a faulty router and can be symptomatic of a fault elsewhere.
My advice would be to give the new router a try when it arrives and if there is no change to raise a fault here: https://portal.plus.net/apps/kbdfaults
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
hamilton36
Grafter

Adam,
New router arrived today and it is working OK.
Many thanks,
Alex
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No problem, glad to hear that you got that sorted.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team