cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My internet has died a sad death after a week.

FIXED
pinkdandylion
Hooked

My internet has died a sad death after a week.

Hiya, I had a new line installed for plusnet broadband and after about a week of hit and miss connectivity it's died on me. I started going through the fault checker on the portal page, but I don't have spare routers/microfilters lying around (and I don't expect a new provided microfilter to just suddenly break on me). The phone I've used to check the landline suggests that's where the issue lies as the line sounds dead. Everything on the router is lit up bar the internet light.

I'm currently doing everything off my phone so it's pretty difficult, and was just wondering if anything can be done remotely to at least diagnose the issue or give me some basic instructions? I don't want to be billed for a fault at my end, but due to physical limitations there is not much else I'm able to do here.
7 REPLIES 7
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

Re: My internet has died a sad death after a week.

If you have no dial tone, and have tested from the master socket, hidden test socket, then report the fault - you won't get charged if the fault is not with your equipment.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Sorry to hear your connection isn't working.

Our tests are showing a external fault with your phone line so we'll get that raised for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
pinkdandylion
Hooked

So there was certainly a problem with my external phone line - what I managed to understand from the engineer is that it had come away from the main wire that it had been attached to,  (or cut according to the engineer written report), but I'm being billed for it and really want to chase it up. I think I'm being billed for reason 8.2.4 in T&Cs, which would mean that the phone lines Plusnet arranges to install, it does not consider part of its equipment which, alas, was not made clear. 

The only ways the damage could feasibly have happened are if

1) The original BT engineer sent by Plusnet didn't fit it securely when it was installed.

2) One of the other BT engineers that were outside that week cut it when they were fixing something at one of the neighbouring flats.

Is there any way to obtain a more detailed explanation from Plusnet, so that I can take some kind of action against the engineering fee? Is there anything at all I can do?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Sorry to hear you've been charged for damage that's happened to the line.

I'm investigating this and I'll get back to you shortly.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

As there's no way to disprove or prove the engineer notes, we've waived the applied fee from your account.

I hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
pinkdandylion
Hooked

Hey thanks for looking into that for me, that's really relieving to hear!
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problems at all.

Let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet