Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My fibre upload speed has halved - why?

NedLudd
Grafter

My fibre upload speed has halved - why?

Hi guys - one for the techies methinks!
Since I joined PN, just over a year ago, I have enjoyed rock solid speeds of 73meg down and 18 up
Over the last 3 or 4 days my upload speed has dropped from 18meg to 9 and the upload has dropped from 73 to 65!
Whilst I am not unduly concerned about these speeds per se I am concerned that they may be indicative of something slowly failing on my service.
I would be grateful if one of the DCT could look into this for me.
Geoff,
York.
4 REPLIES 4
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: My fibre upload speed has halved - why?

Hi NedLudd,
It's really quite difficult to pin-point what could be causing the problem with your up and download speeds. It could be anything from more and more people being connected to your Cabinet to a source of internal/external interference that's causing your connection speeds to drop.
Have you bought and installed and new electrical equipment at all that could be causing some kind of interference?
NedLudd
Grafter

Hi Chris,
No, nothing has changed in the last few weeks. I use 2 different servers - Ealing and London, Namesco for speed tests and they both return the same!
As I said, it doesn't bother me that much except that my last few changes of ISP have always been the result of sudden unexplained drops in speed (ADSL).
For about a year my speeds have been rock-solid and any sudden drops have been corrected by rebooting  my modem and routet.  Huh
Geoff,
York.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Your current download speed sync is at 80Mb/s and your upload is at 10Mb/s.
The DLM currently has your line profile set at 40M-80M Downstream, Interleaving Off - 5M-10M Upstream, Interleaving Off which is the reason your upload speed is where it's at.
I've raised a fault with our suppliers to try and get this reset, I've popped a ticket on your account and passed it to our faults team to follow up.

NedLudd
Grafter

Many thanks Chris!  Smiley
Geoff,
York.