cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My estimated speed has just changed (and the time is in the future!)

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: My estimated speed has just changed (and the time is in the future!)

No worries, sorry for the late reply. We might not be able to find out I'm afraid, such issues aren't frequent though thankfully.
Sorry to see this still looks to be an issue so you're on my list to look at this again tomorrow for you.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jbrumhead
Grafter

Ok, great. I am getting a reasonable download speed now that the profile has been corrected. I look forward to hearing the next update on why my profile hasn't been set higher in line with my sync rate. Also, I have seen people asking for their upload speed to be uncapped. Is that something that can be applied to my line or is it not possible? Thanks again for your help.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi there,
I'm glad to hear that's improved, as I eluded to yesterday we probably won't find the exact cause but I really don't imagine this would impact you again.
Also, I have seen people asking for their upload speed to be uncapped

That's only for 21CN (the 21st century network capable of carryning up to 24mb) connections I'm afraid, yours is based on 20CN (20th century with a maximum downstream of 8mb) with a maximum upload speed of 448kbps as only 20CN is available at your exchange.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jbrumhead
Grafter

Sorry Adam, I wrote it wrong! I meant to say I look forward to the next update regarding increasing the profile to something nearer my sync speed of 7600-8096kbps. No problem about the upload. I realised that 20CN may not support a higher upload but thought I'd ask anyway. Thanks
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Ah, no worries Smiley
I've just checked and I'm disappointed to say that the change I requested the other day for you wasn't actioned properly. Can you tell me what speeds you're achieving as tests indicate a maximum downstream of 288kbps.
I've requested the same again just now. If you don't see a change to the above within a few hours I'd recommend giving support a call unless you can wait until Monday for me to have another look.
Adam
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jbrumhead
Grafter

Hi Adam Smiley I'm puzzled that you say the request the other day (30th July) wasn't actioned properly as I have been getting 5Mbps since then. No idea where your 288kbps would've come from! Please see attached speed tests. If it's possible, I'd like the IP profile on my line to be set higher as my sync speeds have been between 7600-8096kbps. Thanks.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
That sounds about right for your sync speed (currently 6495kb/s) but I've requested an SNR reset anyway as we can't see a downstream profile on there. Should take effect within the next couple of hours and allow the line to retrain for you.
Hope that helps.
jbrumhead
Grafter

Ahhh so the sync speed has gone down  Cry If I can get the sync speed back up again, can I request another SNR reset so I can get the best possible IP profile? Thanks
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Rather not do one straight off the back of another, in any case due to the reset you've got at least 3 days to get the best sync speed for it to settle at... hope you manage it.
jbrumhead
Grafter

But apparently the last couple of SNR resets haven't gone through according to your system? At least my broadband is running at a reasonable speed now though Smiley
EDIT: I don't think I am going to be able to reset my router within the next couple of days. Is the sync speed still 6495kb/s? I think I'm just going to have to request another SNR reset after the weekend. Hope that's ok.