cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My download speed has got as slow as my upload speed in the evenings (0.4Mbps)

piersmyers

Re: My download speed has got as slow as my upload speed in the evenings (0.4Mbps)

Update on my speed issue:
Just had a call from a Plusnet engineer, he had tested my line and found nothing wrong with it (as I suspected) and he will contact BT to find out when they will do something about the hot VP's at my exchange. I will give another update when I hear back from him.
So Plusnet do care about their customers  Cheesy
jelv - did you get any feedback from your contact?
pawhe955
Grafter

Re: My download speed has got as slow as my upload speed in the evenings (0.4Mbps)

I think that jelv's contact worked his magic, as the report for my exchange is certainly now up to date (within 1 week, instead of 2 months behind) ...  ironically, the last but one update went green - but the last update was back to red, so still only 3 green weeks since Jan 2008....!!
Also got a reply to my ticket that said they had escalated to someone who might be able to get some better answers from BT on addressing the individual exchange VP issues - so it does look like Plusnet are doing what they can.....
P.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: piersmyers
jelv - did you get any feedback from your contact?

I've had no reply - I suppose it's possible he is one of the unfortunates trapped abroad.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
piersmyers

latest update:
just had a call from a Plusnet engineer, he said:
Having checked your line we have confirmed that your line terminates at the London Poplar exchange.  This exchange is currently undergoing a capacity upgrade to relieve network congestion during peak times.  Additional DSLAMs are currently being installed to help provide a higher capacity at this busy exchange (30,000+ lines).  This work is due to complete at the end of April and then further upgrades for the 21st century network are due for August 2010 which also will further relieve the 20th century network as service providers begin moving lines to these new systems.
Please monitor peak speeds during the month of May and let us know if you do not see any improvement

So good news for anyone else using the Poplar exchange.
Addnan
Grafter

Poplar exchange is the devil. LLU works fine for me on it, but I miss Plusnets forum support. There are no staff on O2 forum and there are not as good members on it  Cry
BT have announced FTTC for it by september 2010 which is great.