Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My disconnects

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: My disconnects

Quote from: lucerne
Does that mean that until Help Centre do their further tests, the phone has to remain disconnected. Or is it mere confirmation that it was done?

It just means that you need to have proved the fault is still apparent when the router is in the master socket and all other items have been removed from the line, you don't need to leave things like that Smiley As long as the fault is still apparent when in that state you've proved an external line issue.
Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Thanks Matt!
I am trying to reply to ticket, but must be blind, As I can see no way to. I can only view. Undecided Kiss Crazy
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

When you view it, aren't there two options at the bottom of the display, one being something like 'my fault has been resolved, the other 'I need to add more details? Use the latter one (add more details) to respond.
David
Luzern
Hero

No can see, but wonder if I have right page. PM coming.
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
spraxyt
Resting Legend

The URL you have is the right format. When you view the ticket I would expect the bottom part of it to look as shown in the attached image. This is from one of my tickets, all I've done is remove the agent's name.
The long button/strip on the right is the one you need to click to open a text box for typing your response. Does your ticket not show that strip?
David
Luzern
Hero

A puzzle it is, but nothing like that shows. All that follows links to products etc.
Quite by chance I copied your link in to Word, with a view to sending copy as evidence. Playfully I got that link to work and posted my comments.
Now I need to find a way to getting radio buttons to show! OMG!
spraxyt
Resting Legend

The words are certainly there in the PDF text you attached. I wonder if a page cache issue is causing the buttons to be missing on screen? When the page is displayed try doing a Ctrl+F5 page refresh. That should load all the page content again.
David
Luzern
Hero

Done that.......but no t-shirt ;D. Status is awaiting answer from support, would that block the option?
spraxyt
Resting Legend

The bottom part of the ticket area should still look the same whether waiting for an answer from you or Plusnet. Or at least mine did when I was checking what the text said yesterday before my ticket was responded to. Obviously the last section of ticket text is different if it's your response rather than an agent's.
Sorry, bit slow to realise this, but since the purple buttons are missing, and the text is white it will be almost invisible against the light-grey background. Sad
Do you have an alternative browser (or another PC) to try?
David
Luzern
Hero

No other PC unless some time I can get to daughter who is local. Tried IE as alternative to FF. No change.
spraxyt
Resting Legend

Has the ticket response area ever worked for you?
Have you by any chance disabled JavaScript (or scripts in general), perhaps your firewall does that since both FF and IE are affected?
Apart from that all I can think of is clearing all Internet files including history.
David
Luzern
Hero

Faults report is that there is a fault in the OpenReach part of the network, so it'll be over to them
For my education and growing fount of (wasted Wink knowledge. Cab someone expand on what
[INTERNAL]
Copper Line Check Test Results :    Description Diagnosis Code MFL    FAULT - Battery Contact T004 LN
means; is it pinpointing where PN has placed the defect?
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

MFL=Main Fault Location
Battery Contact means the line is in contact with another line, possibly at a junction where water is getting in and causing the insulation to break down. See under Noisy line on this page.
Luzern
Hero

Fault reported mid morning, agreed as BT side; OR engineer out in last hour and has just phoned to say it's somwhere between house and nearest pavement box.
Nothing to moan about servicewise there IMO.
Luzern
Hero

Ok it's a bit mea culpa Embarrassed but I managed to close question 40892221 by mischance but it has been continued as question 41061605.
I was concerned to have notification yesterday that my BB connection was OK but there had been three drops and matter being passed to faults team.
This is despite open question 41061605 history clearly stating a voice fault id with BTo: I am waiting on their contractor digging a hole at the fault location.
I have responded to the last message from PN, questioning what is going on, but fear a muddle may be developing.
Could someone from PN on this forum keep a gentle eye on situation? Please!