cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My daughter's internet fault

plustrev
Grafter

My daughter's internet fault

Good morning, I hope someone from Plusnet can look into my daughter's broadband fault, ticket 56927472. Anyone else feel free to give advice.
Her Internet went down last Wednesday, although not reported until Friday. The broadband light is green (flashing) but the internet light never goes green and of course there is no internet use.
The advisor wanted certain checks to be carried out as follows:
There is  no extension wiring and the router (Thompson) is plugged into the master line box but just to check it has also been plugged into the test socket with the same negative result.
The filter has been changed for a known good one, still negative.
The router has been changed  with my working Thompson, of course changing the info to her details, still not working.
The router is synching at 444k up and 3M down, this is lower than her normal sync.
When I returned home from trying my router at her house, before I could change the settings to my own it connected to the internet presumably using her settings You can see this spike of usage on Tuesday.
I feel that with all the tests we have proved the fault to be outside her premises.
Now for the reason for posting here, we are now into the second week of the fault and no action appears to have been taken, the router was changed on Tuesday and no reply to the ticket is apparent. She is desperate for any help you can give to get this fault cleared.
Thanks in anticipation.
4 REPLIES 4
plustrev
Grafter

Re: My daughter's internet fault

Feeling very lonely here. Still no action on the ticket.
kdoug007
Grafter

hiya  i  have to admit... i am a  newbie  and have  PNS  own    router..
  its been 100% perfect and as  i look now  all the    lights  are  green and  the  broadband one is  , as  it  should  be  stationary in  green
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

@plustrev it can take more than a couple of hours to deal with your issue especially if the faults team are busy. Please be patient.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Sorry to hear of the issues with your Daughter's connection. I've just taken a look at the faults ticket and can see that one of our faults team has just picked it up again, you should have an update on there shortly.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.