cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My broadband speed

Bendavis

My broadband speed

I have just setup my broadband last night and the wifi is very slow. On the speed check I did it was coming at at under 1meg download speed and catch up on sky was taking ages to download tv program's. Is there anyway of improving this as when I signed up it promised more than that between 5-6.
Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: My broadband speed

Hi Bendavis,
I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems with your connection. I've just taken a look at your line, it's quite a long line which is why your speeds are on the lower side. The speeds that you're getting are probably about right for the line length you have (see attached).
There may be a chance that you can get more out of your line. I'd try connecting to your Test Socket, I'd be happy to check your line again once you've done that to see if there is any marked improvement.
Bendavis

How do I test the test socket? And which one is the test socket?
Thanks
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Access to the test socket is by way of removing the bottom section of the face plate which should be held in place by two screws.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

you could also watch the video linked in this post http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,96155.0.html