cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My WI-FI keeps loosing connection

jharrison66

My WI-FI keeps loosing connection

I’ve recently just switched from EE to Plusnet and ever since my internet seems to just stop working for everyone in the house now and then. I’ve never had this problem before. When I check my internet speed, it’s always fast. Does anyone know any solutions for this issue ? Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

Re: My WI-FI keeps loosing connection

Welcome to the forums, @jharrison66 . When you say 'it stops working', what exactly do you mean - no devices can get a signal\they get a signal but no response from the web, or what?

Also, so we don't start handing out possibly wrong advice, are you an ADSL or FTTC customer, and which router are you using?

John
jharrison66

Thanks for your reply
For example, while I’m using my phone it will say I’m still connected to the internet but i won’t be to do anything that uses WiFi. It won’t let me google anything.

ADSL and my router is the Plusnet Hub One.
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

OK. First, if you have the Hub One, I think you will be on FTTC as, AFAIK, the Hub1 is used on FTTC connections and the Hub0, or 2704N, is used on ADSL.

If it is the Hub1, irrespective of connection type, there are instructions on the 'My Router' board on this forum on 'splitting' the 2.4 and 5Ghz bands. Try those first, it may well help, especially if you have a mix of 2.4/5Ghz devices in your home.

John