Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Profile Has Changed

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: My Profile Has Changed

Does you master socket look like this with the vDSL plate but it may say Mk2 on the top right?
ListerofSmeg
Grafter

It looks exactly like that but with MK3 at the top right
Anotherone
Champion

Mk3 eh! I'd heard rumours, so it's out and about then!
ListerofSmeg
Grafter

Apologies for the delay, I've been mega busy, here are the pics of the wiring loom outside and going into the property.
It seems I was mistaken and there is no box on the outside but one on the inside which I cannot get to no due to furniture in the way.  But the box on the inside wall is very small, probably half the size of the NTE5 Box.
Anotherone
Champion

Right, the 2nd picture just shows one of the entries to the house, sealed with silicon, no problem.
The top picture shows the standard tubular shaped connector box used BUT there are 4 cables there. One is obviously the incoming cable from the pole - which is that? You need to identify exactly where each of the other three go (one will presumably go to your master socket, one to your friend's), but where does the other go, and what is the exact routing of each including any boxes on route.
You should get your friend to help with this as well.
ListerofSmeg
Grafter

Hi there,
The top picture has three wires.
There is one cable going into the box which then splits mine and my mates net.  The third cable dropping down is disconnected (according to the BT Engineer)
My cable then runs from this box, into pic two, which then goes into a small box on the inside of the house. The wire then goes from this box to my NTE5 Faceplate.
My mates wire goes into the bottom of the house, through a black box, then into another box (this time white) on the inside of the house, then into his Faceplate.
Anotherone
Champion

The incoming drop-wire from the pole I guess is the one on the right then.
This 3rd wire that is going down, that is supposedly disconnected, can we have some pictures of where it actually goes and what, if anything, is on the other end of it.
Your mates line with the black box, can you take a pic of it and get it posted on his thread please.
Anotherone
Champion

In addition to where all the wires go, did you install your UPS, and what are the current stats?
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Quote from: Anotherone
Hi Tony, have a chat with Chris Purvey, IIRC he's been/is looking at this issue.

We've rolled a fix today that should now mean that the PPP drops are initiated when required. Let us know how it goes.
Anotherone
Champion

Cheers Chris, thanks for that, I'll keep my eyes open. Nice to see you here Wink
ListerofSmeg
Grafter

Hi there, we've had another look at the black box I thought my mates wire went into doesn't.
That black box was used for Sky but we no longer use Sky so this box is not in use.
My mates internet wire, feeds from that long box down straight into the wall like mine did with the silicon gel covering and straight into his faceplate.
PS I am not sure if this is related but since my mates connection is now stabilizing at a higher rate, mine has gone down to 1.8 and my SNR has increased.  
Download speedachieved during the test was - 1.86 Mbps
IP Profile for your line is - 1.92 Mbps
Upload speed achieved during the test was - 0.62Mbps
Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 0.83 Mbps
Router stats:
SNR Margin (dB): 3.6   6.0
Attenuation (dB): 67.0   38.8
Output Power (dBm): 12.9   0.0
Attainable Rate (Kbps): 2672   728
Rate (Kbps): 2182   723
PPS - My UPS has been delayed in the post but I should have it by tomorrow, so will have it on by the weekend.
Anotherone
Champion

Well it ought not to be related and hopefully isn't, but obviously need to keep an eye on it. Let's see what things look like when you've got your UPS installed. Don't forget to do the "reconnect/sync" in daylight hours at least an hour after sunrise and at least an hour before sunset.
There's not an awful lot of change in the SNRM, but monitoring with RSL is the best way of seeing what's going on.
ListerofSmeg
Grafter

hi there,
I did the reconnect to my UPS at around 15:00 this afternoon and my snr has been quite stable at 3db also, I have noticed my net has gone to 2.1 according to BT but is still set as 1.9 on Plusnet.
I also tested the UPS by unplugging from the mains which kicked in so now there should be no reason for my router to go off, this should be on 24/7
Here are my stats:
Download speedachieved during the test was - 1.79 Mbps
IP Profile for your line is - 2.19 Mbps
Upload speed achieved during the test was - 0.61Mbps
Current line speed: 1.9 Mb
SNR Margin (dB): 3.0   5.7
Attenuation (dB): 65.5   38.6
Output Power (dBm): 12.9   0.0
Attainable Rate (Kbps): 2976   708
Rate (Kbps): 2485   707
Anotherone
Champion

Well, that's certainly looking promising.  Let's hope you have no losses of sync. A daytime SNRM graph and stats should hopefully show things looking stable. The Current Line Speed update will depend on the Delta reprt from BT servers. Have a check when you can, it will be interesting to check how quickly the updates are happening, and the PPP session should drop when the update occurs.
ListerofSmeg
Grafter

We just had a power-cut but thankfully for my UPS my router stayed on Smiley
Here are the stats for today
Download speedachieved during the test was - 1.87 Mbps
IP Profile for your line is - 2.19 Mbps
Upload speed achieved during the test was - 0.58Mbps
SNR Margin (dB): 2.6  5.8
Attenuation (dB): 67.0  38.8
Output Power (dBm): 12.9  0.0