Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Plusnet broadband is down again.

Razer
Grafter

Re: My Plusnet broadband is down again.

Quote from: Chris
The DNS server errors in the router are probably a red herring, we're looking into the root cause.
And it seems by checking service status that you've been looking ... and not looking, for the last three/four days on this issue of customers not getting pages.
Quote from: grumpybob
Yup, very annoyed that Plusnet's service has broken down again.

I had a muse at your username when I saw your topic and thought I should have that one; though I would substitute 'really fucking angry' for 'grumpy'. One thing is true, I am rapidly losing faith in Plusnet because I'm so hacked off with how things have been going for me, and I know from reading other threads that my problems are 'minor' in comparison to those of some other people.
jameshalfpenny
Dabbler

Mine's back up and running.
grumpybob
Grafter

Quote from: jameshalfpenny
Mine's back up and running.

Ah! I think we may be back in business ...
FoolishlyWise
Grafter

Mines back too! (Had 172.xxx addresses) since like 6pm.
This is becoming a bit too repetitive, whats going on with BT's circuits?!
shure
Grafter

Quote from: Razer
I had a muse at your username when I saw your topic and thought I should have that one; though I would substitute 'really [Censored] angry' for 'grumpy'. One thing is true, I am rapidly losing faith in Plusnet because I'm so hacked off with how things have been going for me, and I know from reading other threads that my problems are 'minor' in comparison to those of some other people.

I'm also a new user,having joined a few weeks ago, and like you I had issues at the beginning making some tasks unusable.  However, the help I got through this forum by both independents and staff members was excellent, much better than the abysmal "service" I experienced with Tesco, my previous provider.  I'm sure it's frustrating now but if my brief experience is anything to go by they will be doing everything they can to help.  If it's BT's network there won't be a lot that PN can do.  Service wise I doubt you'll get a better deal elsewhere
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

We're seeing people get back online now, we'll post an update to service status when we're confident the issue is resolved.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
zubel
Community Veteran

I was also affected, but am now back online.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Now resolved http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1360358839.htm
Broadband connectivity issues (74410) - RESOLVED
Broadband
Posted on: Friday 8 February 2013, 21:27
This is an update to the earlier posts regarding authentication problems resulting in customers being unable to browse or use other Internet applications.
We've now identified the issue and rolled back an earlier network change. We're seeing customers now coming back online and being able to use the Internet as normal.
If you're continuing to experience problems using the Internet following this issue, please power down your modem/router for 10 minutes before attempting to reconnect.
Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you.
Kind Regards,
Chris Parr
Customer Support
Razer
Grafter

Quote from: shure
... the help I got through this forum by both independents and staff members was excellent, ... they will be doing everything they can to help.

I found exactly the same, initially. Now I find, despite how appreciative one is and how many times one expresses that, matters are quite obviously otherwise.
Service wise I doubt you'll get a better deal elsewhere

That, sadly, depends upon where I live. Were I living elsewhere, I know I could because I had it. That said, I am very close to looking into my options afresh.
Anyway, now I am up and running again, like others, so now I can just go back to being 'really angry' instead of 'really [Censored] angry' ... for now.
Thank you to those who looked into this problem that affected us, and got it fixed so relatively quickly.