cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Connection

sjrinfroyle
Grafter

My Connection

I was having some stability problems, so to stop my SNR being increased I asked for interleaving to be applied so I could stop disconnections happening. But I checked yesterday and interleaving had been applied, but my SNR has been increased to 9dB! I thought interleaving would help my broadband but it's made it worse!
Can anything be done?
49 REPLIES 49
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Getting Interleaving Turned on Increased my SNR!

Hi there,
Interleaving never has a direct affect on your SNR, it will alter your sync speed though so there may be another cause for that issue. Rather than focus on SNR what are your connection speeds like?
From running some checks I can see that the connection is still having some stability issues but the sync speed so far isn't looking too bad at 5248kbps (hence a 4000kbps IP profile) if you have concerns about the disconnections do log a fault with us here: https://portal.plus.net/apps/kbdfaults
BTW do let me know if you want me to place an order to remove interleaving and I'll see to that for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
sjrinfroyle
Grafter

I think what has happened is that I was having disconnection issues before interleaving was applied and putting interleaving on caused another disconnection which caused DLM to increase the margin. I have raised a fault before, but it never gets anywhere. They say the line is now stable and then it disconnects again. So I haven't got very far with that.
Maybe restarting the 10 day training period would help?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I'd rather you raise a fault to be honest, I can try that but I think we'd be best finding a long term solution for you.
I have raised a fault before, but it never gets anywhere

Raise one anyway, I'll take ownership of it for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
sjrinfroyle
Grafter

I appreciate that. Okay I'll go ahead and raise one now.
sjrinfroyle
Grafter

Sorry to add to this. But I am also using a lot of my usage. I have been in contact with the options team and they are moving me over to an older PlusNet package, PlusNet Unlimited. But the problem is, when they said they were changing it they didn't say that it was traffic managed and a lot of the things I do would be slower. Is there anything that can be done about this? Is there another older plan with usage higher than 60GB with less traffic management?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Is there another older plan with usage higher than 60GB with less traffic management?

I don't think so I'm afraid, we don't openly offer such packages as we don't sell them. What are your specific concerns with the traffic management by the way?
I will have a word with the guys on the customer options team to see what we can do.
Adam.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
sjrinfroyle
Grafter

The older PlusNet unlimited package has a lot of management on download servers and sites which I use a lot of. Also gaming is managed and I do a lot of that. So if those won't managed I would be very happy. Smiley
I appreciate the help, this is why I signed up. Thanks again.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No probs,
I'll get back to you later on that. And no problem, it's what were here for.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
sjrinfroyle
Grafter

Hello, sorry to add to this! How long do you think it will take to get an answer from the customer options team?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I'm dealing with another customer at the moment so I'll be speaking to them at some point this afternoon, don't worry I'll get back to you before the end of today.
Adam
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
sjrinfroyle
Grafter

Thanks Adam. Much appreciated!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Just had a chat re your package, the traffic management applied to the unlimited package would be identical to the offering you have now on extra. I was looking to see if the pro add-on would work with this but we're unable to do that I'm afraid. Ergo when we switch the account type over you should see no difference apart from not having a limited bandwidth allocation.
With regards to your fault I'm running some tests now so expect an update on the ticket soon.
Adam.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
sjrinfroyle
Grafter

Are you sure? Because according to http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/products/archive/plusnet_unlimited_archive.shtml gaming is always limited to 2Mb/s and download sites don't run at line speed apart from at 12am-12pm. Same with servers. Finally, YouTube is sometimes limited.
This compared to extra where download sites are gold plated and so are download servers. Streaming is also less limited.
Where a bit stuck in that case.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

100% sure, the legacy products such as unlimited aren't strictly the same as that, this is mainly as we don't openly offer them or sell them any more. Trust me, your traffic will be handled in the same manner as now.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team