cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Broadband connection

Deadonaslab
Grafter

My Broadband connection

I have had my internet with plusnet since the second of september and it has been a rubbish experience when it works its great the customer service is good but every 4 weeks my connection speed drops from 5500 to 136 they say the same thing change filter plug your router into test socket and wait 72 hours this the third time now this has happend i have lost 12 days to slow connection speeds cant play xbox connection cuts out cant stream videos cant download
6 REPLIES 6
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: My Broadband connection

Have you raised a low speed fault at http://faults.plus.net? That will ask you to do the checks you've already done - up to you whether you repeat them again though you need to be plugged into the test socket for testing. Your line should be checked by the faults team once the report if submitted. If the speed recovers keep the ticket open until you are sure it won't re-occur. That will require you to submit a holding update to stop the ticket self-closing after 14 days.
David
Deadonaslab
Grafter

have done all the checks twice now router into test socket change of filter it makes no difference to my speed NOW GETTING THE MESSAGE THOMSON GATEWAY NO BROADBAND CONNECTION  FOUND
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Deadonaslab,
I see it was dropping a lot yesterday but seems to have been stable since about midnight. Did you make any changes to your set up at that time? Also, what are your speeds like at the moment?
Jojo Smiley
Deadonaslab
Grafter

have made no changes to my set up i am getting speeds of  600kbps to 2088kbps the now its up and down every speed test  i   have run   i  get 5300kbps when i have a good connection   when it is WORKING  having this bloody internet problem every 4 weeks connection speed drops and it lasts 4 days at a time it is a pain
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Deadonaslab,
I can't think what else it could be. I'd be interested to know what the faults team come up with.
Jojo Smiley
Deadonaslab
Grafter

trust me so would i so that we can sort it out once and all