cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Much slower Broadband (Fibre)

ShelleyT
Dabbler

Much slower Broadband (Fibre)

I'am getting much slower speeds, I usually get 45-47 down and around 9 up. Now though I'am only getting around 10 down and the usual 8-9 up. My estimated line speed is 47 and current line speed is 47.2. I've done tests on wired and wireless and restarted the router and both are still much slower.
13 REPLIES 13
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Much slower Broadband (Fibre)

if you run the BT Wholesale speedtest test here: http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/ then click the 'further diagnostics' button after the initial test you should see, amongst other information, the IP Profile for your line, this will indicate your sync speed (actual sync should be 1.033 times this figure), the diagnostic may also advise whether further testing is advised.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
ShelleyT
Dabbler

Although I have already done the test before, I did it again and as expected my profiles has not changed this would appear to be a problem on plusnets side.
My speed has been at a steady 46-47 down and 8-9 up through multiple speed tests since I got fibre and this is the first problem I've had.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

ShelleyT
Dabbler

I stated what it said in the first post but here's a screenshot of the page.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Sorry - missed that
You could try switching gateways
In the router GUI - NOT the modem - select disconnect and after a minute or so reconnect.
This wouldn't affect the sync but it will get you on a new gateway
Any better
ShelleyT
Dabbler

Still no luck, here's a speedtest after disconnecting and reconnecting. This is the same server I always test with.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Definitely looks worth raising a speed fault.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
ShelleyT
Dabbler

I restarted the BT Openreach modem and speeds have jumped up to 25-30(Multiple speed tests) down and the same as I always get in upload. It's still 15-20 of what I usually get in download. I will wait until tomorrow to raise a speed fault as it may return to normal overnight.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi ShelleyT,
Hope it has, but if not raising a fault would definitely be the best thing to do. Our team will then get on and get it investigated and sorted for you.
ShelleyT
Dabbler

My speed went up to 35 down and the usual 8-9 up unfortunately it is back down to 10-14 down and the usual up. I began raising a fault but did not finish as I wanted to leave it overnight to see if the speed would return. I did not finish raising the fault but a fault was raised anyway. Could you look into it Matt?
Edit: My current line speed has dropped from 47.2 last night to 45.2.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

you can continue where you left off - just go to http://faults.plus.net and it will automatically start where you left it
You need to complete it for the fault to be investigated
ShelleyT
Dabbler

Thanks I will be doing the three speedtests although worryingly the first test was quite bad. This test was done on a wired connection with the routers WiFi disabled so no other devices connected.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

That will only help our case when we're reporting the fault Smiley