cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving to Plusnet

MightyMouse
Grafter

Moving to Plusnet

A friend of mine asked me  yesterday how I was getting on with Plusnet .
I originally told her that I would not recommend Plusnet  untill I have been with them for a little while.
I have now been with Plusnet for 4 months, and I was of course happy to tell her that I have been very pleased  with the service .
She does seem very interested to move from    AOL and said that she will speak to me at the week-end when she has more time( Think she's also interested in the phone package)
I have been thinking since, she uses a  wireless  router because  it gives her more freedom to move around .
What would be the position if she moved to Plusnet ?Huh
Am I right in thinking that her router is locked to AOL, and if so is there any way round this ?

8 REPLIES 8
James
Grafter

Re: Moving to Plusnet

Hi there,
Certainly fantastic to hear that you're thinking about recommending friends and family Smiley
There is definitely a chance that the router would be locked to AOL, but if she signed up to BBYW2 or above, she'd be entitled to a wireless router from us which would be free* if she stayed for a year.
* £6.99 P&P charge.
MightyMouse
Grafter

Hello James ,
Thanks for your lightning response  but I think that she would be more  likely to go for option 1  as she is only likely to use  1- 2 gb pm.
1/ Could the router be unlocked ?
            or
2/ Could she pay the difference for a wireless router ?Huh
James
Grafter

Hiya,
It is possible that the router might be iunlocked and I'm sure we could come to some form of arrangement with our hardware, if needs be.
MightyMouse
Grafter

Thanks James,
I will speak to her at the week-end
Not applicable

Not sure if it is still on offer, but have a look at my post in Everything Internet (including VOIP) regarding free wireless router with Option 1. You need to go to uSwitch for this offer.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Offer is still there but you can't get it through the link - need to start off at the main site and work through
MickKi
Grafter

If her router is a Netgear DG834G that AOL provides then it is unlocked.  All she will need to do is login to it with a browser, enter her new plusnet account details and increase the MTU setting to 1500.  I am not sure about other routers - that's what a friend who's on AOL has.
MightyMouse
Grafter

Thanks everyone, I believe it is a netgear