Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving house tomorrow - help needed urgently

7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

Moving house tomorrow - help needed urgently

Hello PN
I rang your CSC earlier and wasn't terribly impressed with the lady that helped us so I kinda got really frustrated and hung up.
We are moving tomorrow. Now the lady on the phone says that it will take upto 3 weeks to get our BB moved. Your website says 2.
We ARE keeping the same phone number. The lady said we will be without our internet until the connection here is cancelled and a new one re-ordered at the new address. She says this is down to BT.
I have some questions...
1) If we get it cancelled here and still have to pay until the BB is setup at our new address, can you not at least give us 0808 freephone dialup? - If I were to report a fault on the BB your system automatically gives this to us anyway! This would at least ease the frustration and allow us to use the web.
2) Will we have to pay more charges?
When we first signed up, we signed to a 5 year agreement where the signup cost would decrease with each year. A while back there was some announcement that the 5 yr thing had been abolished and it was now 12 months. Can you please advise on this? - Whats our current situation?
3) Do we have to pay to get our BB moved to the new address? - I also heard something about cessation charges from BT. Please can you tell us the FULL cost of any move.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
21 REPLIES 21
James
Grafter

Re: Moving house tomorrow - help needed urgently

Hi there,
I'll give you a ring to clarify the situation.
LiamM
Grafter

Yep.  Reason is mainly down to BT's systems.
If you are taking your telephone number with you then the following needs to happen.  You must do them in order, and only one step at a time.
Cease on your old line, usually takes around 7 days to complete.
Wait for BT's systems to update with your new telephone number and address details.
Place order for broadband, which, again, takes around 7 days to complete.
James
Grafter

To clarify, it's 5 working days for each order to be completed.
The reason is also ENTIRELY down to BT's systems.
7up
Community Veteran

Hi all
I've been given temporary 0808 dialup while the BB is moved.
It doesn't work! - Wrong user name/password.
I've tried to access the PN portal to access the support ticket about this issue. Unfortunately it appears to be optimised for broadband and I cannot get past the login page. It simply stops with a white screen in IE. After 2 minutes I've given up waiting and refreshing.
Can someone please help?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

The username for dialup is just the account name without the realm, if you were putting the @plusdsl.net bit on there that'll be why it isn't working.
Hope that helps, sorry about the hassle.
7up
Community Veteran

Just the sort of answer I would excpect from PlusNet.
Of course if you looked at the account, you would see that there was a specific username and password assigned to the connection which IS NOT our normal username.
Never mind Obrey, you just wasted another 24 hours of a customers time with your "easy to solve" response.
Thinking seriously about cancelling now...
ChemicalBrother
Grafter

Now now,
Play nicely please Smiley
I can understand your frustrations here though, but would rather you didn't take it out on the staff in the forum though!
I'll sit on orbrey again until he sorts it.

jmd
Grafter

I will be in similar situation anyday now [just waiting for my buyers building society to send stuff to correct solicitor with correct details] and will not be giving 10 days notice - when I posted something about this on the homephone forum Mand said that she would try and clear as soon as she could once I raised ticket!  I understand I might have to wait for phone [not taking number with me as moving 90 miles away] for few days - I too was told that i would get a 0845 dial-up number for internet/email.  Why can customers not have a free dial-up number when they have homephone and broadband from force9?  Why have you got to pay for the calls hen you are already paying for broadband that you cannot access?
7up
Community Veteran

Dear {Removed to protect Real ID},
I have checked and it appears that your phone number is witheld which is why the login is being rejected. If you change the dialup number to 147008089933269 this will allow you to connect.
Regards,
Link:CSA Removed
Refer your friends to PlusNet, officially the UK's 'Best Overall Provider', and get up to £25 as well as a reduction in your monthly subscription. Plus, with our 90 day satisfaction guarantee, your friends can switch from their current Broadband provider risk free. See http://users.plus.net/best for more details.

1470 = BT lady saying "The requested service is not available".
Calling BT was fruitless. They will not enable 1470.
You (who are owned by BT) will not accept with-held caller ID's dialling in. It would be a lot better if your network simply rejected multiple connections using the same login credentials. Instead you've chosen to refuse one of your paying customers from using your service.
It's become extremely obvious that you & BT simply do not want us to use the internet.
Therefore please cancel the new order for Broadband at our new address. If you and BT are so determined that we can't use the internet, then we will not pay you another penny.
Before you try to defend yourselves, consider this:
1) You have intentionally barred ID with held numbers;
2) BT have refused to enable 1470
PlusNet and BT, have both ACTIVELY sought to stop us using the internet.
Please confirm order cancellation and no pending charges.
Please thank James Bailey for his time and effort.
cp:blue Agents name removed from Post mod:end
7up
Community Veteran

Quote from: jmd
I too was told that i would get a 0845 dial-up number for internet/email.  Why can customers not have a free dial-up number when they have homephone and broadband from force9?  Why have you got to pay for the calls hen you are already paying for broadband that you cannot access?

PN WILL give you 0808 dialup (freephone) without much fuss.
Unfortunately BT will by default activate your new line with outgoing callerID blocked. This means you need to dial 1470 first to make sure your number is sent. BT will not enable it for us. That means that PN refuse annonymous connections and BT refuse to allow us not to be annonymous. PlusNet are owned by BT which means it's one big vicious BT cycle designed to make us dial 0845 and pay per minute. The best bit is they both do it with full intention - They can't say it was an accident can they!
Pathetic huh?
7up
Community Veteran

Quote from: okrzynska
Dear {Removed to protect Real ID},
I have checked and it appears that your phone number is witheld which is why the login is being rejected. If you change the dialup number to 147008089933269 this will allow you to connect.
Regards,
[CSA Name Removed]
Refer your friends to PlusNet, officially the UK's 'Best Overall Provider', and get up to £25 as well as a reduction in your monthly subscription. Plus, with our 90 day satisfaction guarantee, your friends can switch from their current Broadband provider risk free. See http://users.plus.net/best for more details.

1470 = BT lady saying "The requested service is not available".
Calling BT was fruitless. They will not enable 1470.
You (who are owned by BT) will not accept with-held caller ID's dialling in. It would be a lot better if your network simply rejected multiple connections using the same login credentials. Instead you've chosen to refuse one of your paying customers from using your service.
It's become extremely obvious that you & BT simply do not want us to use the internet.
Therefore please cancel the new order for Broadband at our new address. If you and BT are so determined that we can't use the internet, then we will not pay you another penny.
Before you try to defend yourselves, consider this:
1) You have intentionally barred ID with held numbers;
2) BT have refused to enable 1470
PlusNet and BT, have both ACTIVELY sought to stop us using the internet.
Please confirm order cancellation and no pending charges.
Please thank James Bailey for his time and effort.

RESPONSE FROM PN (As infuriating as ever):
Dear {Remove to protect ID},
this 1470 service can only be added by your phone provider.
please contact them to arrange this
our servers are set up this way not only to allow you to connnect on your number but also on none plusnet connection numbers hence the need to have it set to recognise telephone numbers and to reject numbers it cannot see.
please let us know if we can assist you further
Regards,
[CSA Name Removed]

I see my request to have the service cancelled as been IGNORED!
WHAT THE HELL IS THE MATTER WITH YOU PEOPLE?
Do you have any idea of customer service at all? - Go see James Bailey he could teach you a lot [CSA Name Removed].
[Moderator's note by Jonathan (chillypenguin):  Agents name removed from post ]
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
Not sure why BT wouldn't allow you to release your CLI using 1470, as it's a free service. By the same token they should be able to remove the block on your CLI being presented, assuming that's not a service you require. I'd recommend escalating your issue within BT to get it resolved.
There is no way for us to allow connection to a free dialup number without showing the number you are dialling from unfortunately.
Apologies for the cancellation request not being dealt with this morning, I've added a response to your ticket now.
James
Grafter

I've added a response to your ticket now

And I've replied to your other one about the house move.
7up
Community Veteran

Hello PN or should I say BT?
I'm going around the twist with you guys now and your lovely pals at BT.
We've got BT to admit fault and enable 1470 on the line. We're now able to dial into your 0808 number while you try to get BB setup here.
Next, you say that the previous tennant has left their BB enabled on the line and you will have to get this ceased by BT.
Now today was very interesting. Because despite the fact our phone line is in use, recognised by BT, being billed by BT (with a viewable online bill).
Apparently our line is not active. We need to call 150 to sort it.
HELLO???!? We dial into your 0808 every day. YOU placed a cease order on the last tenants BB connection yet your telling us our line is NOT active?
I'm getting a bit upset about this now PN. Care to comment?
If your out there James Bailey, I could do with your superJames help..