cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving house £60....? £60...!!??

fonebone
Grafter

Moving house £60....? £60...!!??

I'm reading with horror the details of the cost of moving house at:   http://www.plus.net/support/customer_service/billing/cessation_charges_faq.shtml   
where it says "..the cost of a house move is £60 (£40 activation fee for the new + £20 cessation for the old line) which we'll cover if you stay with us for 18 months."
Does this mean you will cover the full £60 if I attach myself to you for 18 months or you will cover the £40 or the £20..?
i actually connected to PlusNet on the 21st June 2007. Is there any murky details that will be involved if I move house before 21st December 2008...   ie 18 months in..?
Wouldn't it be cheaper to just leave Plusnet and go with somebody else?
2 REPLIES 2
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Re: Moving house £60....? £60...!!??

Hi
Both the £40 and £20 are charges from BT Wholesale who supply Plusnet with the connection, so there is a chance of having to pay it even if you went elsewhere.  The £20 is fairly new, so you may have had a £40 connection charge with Plusnet if you signed up with them from not having broadband at all, which would have been defered for 12 months, so you will be out of that.
The £60 can be defered, and you would only pay it if you left within 18 months of your house move.  Plusnet are absorbing the cost of the cease on your old house (£20) and the activation on your new house (£40), if they can be sure of being able to make it back from you, ie you comit to staying for another 18 months.
Hope this helps.
Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

fonebone
Grafter

Re: Moving house £60....? £60...!!??

thanks PJ. Yep, it helps.. I'm real hungry at the moment so I'll study it later in depth..