cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving home and signed up for Plusnet Fibre

Craig4646

Moving home and signed up for Plusnet Fibre

I am currently in the process of moving to my first home at the end of this month.After first posting for advise on thinkbroadband.com I was advised to request a simultaneous provide so everything will go through on at the same time. I called plusnet to sign up and my order was accepted for fibre unlimited and a date provided just after I moved in on 3rd or 4th Feb.
However a couple of days later I got an email from plus net advising they couldn't process the order because the current owners in the property had put a cease on the BT line and this will delay my order. I've posted the details below:

"We are currently unable to place your order as there is a pending cease on your line on 30/01/14.
Could you please contact your current provider and ask them to prevent this cease as otherwise an engineer will be required to restart the line.
This will incur a charge of £49.99.
Once this cease has been prevented, if you could contact us, we will begin processing your order as soon as possible.
You can contact us on 0800 432 0200. Alternatively, you can reply to this ticket.
If the cease completes, we will need your permission to place the order at a cost of £49.99.
The next action on your Help Assistant Question is due on Thursday 30th January at 10:00am. This Question will remain open with the BOT - FTTC Provides until this time."

I called Plusnet to say I accept the £50 charge and for the order to be placed. I was informed they are unable to put another order in until after the cease date and I would need to phone back to process the order. I was told that if the cease could be stopped they can process the original order but as the current owners have put in a cease its not within my control to have this cancelled.
I was under the impression that a simultaneous provide would have this all put in place activating the phone line & internet at the same time so I am a bit surprised I have to wait until the line is deactivated to put this order in.does anyone know if this is right?
as  it stands I will have to take more time off work for an engineer to complete the install which is something I was hoping to avoid by ordering early.
Many thanks
Craig.
4 REPLIES 4
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Moving home and signed up for Plusnet Fibre

I was under the impression that a simultaneous provide would have this all put in place activating the phone line & internet at the same time

Hi, A Simultaneous order is only an option for us if a new line needs to be installed. In this case we're taking over an existing line which is the only reason it's not been possible for us to follow that process.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Craig4646

Hi,
As the line is being ceased before I move in what is the steps that will take place? Will you be still taking over the exiting line or will a new line order go through? Sorry I am a bit confused here - is there anything I can do now to put the wheels in motion or do I wait until the 30th when the existing line is ceased?
Thanks
Craig.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
A Simultaneous order is only an option for us if a new line needs to be installed. In this case we're taking over an existing line which is the only reason it's not been possible for us to follow that process.

So the two house moves where I've had a simultaneous provide where there was an existing line in the house were a figment of my imagination? Or was it the fact that I use BT for the phone and placed the order with them first (obtaining a simultaneous provide code) a significant factor.
@Craig4646 I suggest you speak to BT and ask if they can activate the line on the date you need and give you a simultaneous provide code.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
eblakeborough
Grafter

@jelv
If there was an existing line there that was an LLU line then it should still be possible as far as I know. It's only when the line is on the BT network already that it definitely can't be done.