cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving from PN BB to another BB Provider

iPaqowner
Grafter

Moving from PN BB to another BB Provider

What's the procedure after getting your MAC key and moving to a new BB provider?...do you need to cancel your account or is it automatic?
Is there a mechanism in place to stop money being taken from my account by PN?
To explain...I got my MAC key on the 16th Oct, gave it to my new BB provider O2 and PN worked out my final invoice at £2.67 which I paid and I agreed to keeping my domain with PN at a cost of £25 per year with my registration being transferred to and administered by PNs sister company "Just the Name" which has been done.
My new BB provider O2 then activated me on their LLU service on Wed 24th Oct which I'm currently using.
This morning I got the monthly automatic email from PN...
"We hope that you are enjoying PlusNet Broadband Your Way Option 2 (Monthly Contract) with included 8GB bandwidth account and finding our services of exceptional value. This is just a brief note to let you know that we will be taking the next subscription payment for your PlusNet Broadband Your Way Option 2 (Monthly Contract) with included 8GB bandwidth account on 2007-11-10"
Do I need to phone customer services and cancel?...do they think I'm still a pay monthly BB customer?.
I tried phoning this morning but was in a long queue and couldn't hang on and I've raised a ticket which hasn't been responded to or acknowledged
yet...obviously I don't want to get billed for a service I thought had been cancelled...as my BB is now with O2.
Should I go on to the member portal and invalidate my credit card?...a bit drastic I know but I do not want PN making a mistake with my billing.
EDIT. Ticket just now returned and answered with...
"I have now downgraded the account. The bill will not be taken. Thank you"
Well done Plusnet!!.
2 REPLIES 2
James
Grafter

Re: Moving from PN BB to another BB Provider

Hmm.  that's strange.
You're account is showing as PAYG Standard, which is our free subscription dialup product, costing you nothing.
Actually, I think the bill is referring to your one pound domain (ie: the bill will be for one pound).  Have you managed to transfer this the just-the-name as of yet?
iPaqowner
Grafter

Re: Moving from PN BB to another BB Provider

Thanks for the reply James...I don't know if you noticed my edit...it's been taken care of by PN and I will not be charged.
As for JTN I was transferred okay with hosting remaining at PN.
cp:blue Full quote of preceding post removed. mod:end