cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving from ADSL to ADSL2+, why do i have to wait until next billing period?

Asterix187
Grafter

Moving from ADSL to ADSL2+, why do i have to wait until next billing period?

Hi,
My local exchange has been upgraded recently to 21CN and I am looking at upgrading my connection from Plusnet Pro to Plusnet extra (can I add a Pro option?) but when I look at doing this on the website it tells me I will move to the prodcut on my next billing date (24/12/2011).
Why do I have to wait until the billing date? I can only assume its due to payments but I am paying nearly double at present so I can't see why it would be an issue.
is it possible to get this actioned sooner?
20 REPLIES 20
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Moving from ADSL to ADSL2+, why do i have to wait until next billing period?

Hi Asterix187,
Upgrading to 21CN is not dependent on your billing date, so I can do that for you unless you've already requested it. As for changing products it can only be done on your billing date I'm afraid.
Jojo Smiley
Asterix187
Grafter

Re: Moving from ADSL to ADSL2+, why do i have to wait until next billing period?

Hi,
Thanks for the prompt reply! So I can get the BT process actioned now and then come the 24th the service will become live?
If thats the case then that would be great.
Thank you.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

No. The upgrade to 21CN will happen I think about 5 days after it is ordered and you will see the new sync speeds etc. The product change with the new allowance and traffic prioritisation will happen on your billing date.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Asterix187
Grafter

Cool, and can i then get the Pro add on to the Extra ? Due to using my line for work I need decent VPN access etc all the time and not just in the day as I work from home (and stupidly into the night sometimes!)
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Asterix187,
I'll place the order for you now and email you confirmation once it's been accepted.
Jojo Smiley
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI Asterix187,
I've been having difficulty getting this ordered due to our suppliers systems being unavailable for most of the day. I'll try again for you in the morning.
Jojo Smiley
Asterix187
Grafter

Hi,
No problem! Thanks for all your help Smiley
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Asterix187,
I've placed this now and emailed you confirmation. when it goes over next Wednesday there will probably be a short period of downtime while they swap it over.
Jojo Smiley
Asterix187
Grafter

Hi Jojo,
Thanks for that !
Do I need to do anything or do I still need to order the product change? If it goes to 21CN next wednesday do I still need to wait until the 24th to get the increase in line speed from the Extra product?
Thanks again!
Daniel
itsme
Grafter

Refer to reply #3
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Daniel,
Yes, don't forget to request the product change before your next billing date or you'll have to wait until the next one. The order I have placed will just give you a greater speed, not a greateer allowance.
Jojo Smiley
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

@Asterix187
To expand a little on JoJo's reply. All she has ordered for you is the switch from 20CN to 21CN which will give you the up to 20Mbps speeds instead of your current up to 8Mbps speed.
Until you place an order to change to Extra you will stay on Plusnet Pro, your allowance will stay at 20GB and you will continue to pay the same amount each month as you have been paying.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Asterix187
Grafter

Ahh so i can just stay on plusnet pro, get the upgraded speed, 20GB but unrestricted access.
I think I may stick with Pro then as I need VPN etc to stay quick out of hours.
Thanks all for your help!!
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI Asterix187,
As you're in Market 2, you can have the 60GB extra package for £11.49 and then the pro add on for £5.00, so still get what you have now but with more allowance for less money.
Jojo Smiley