cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving House (and hopefully broadband)

shadowff6
Grafter

Moving House (and hopefully broadband)

Hi there, I'm soon to be moving into a brand new house. I get the keys a week on Tuesday. The house has literally only just been finished and I'm not 100% sure if we have a phone line connected to the house at all. I'm also not 100% sure of the house number as the property doesn't currently have one...when I enter the post code into a broadband checker, the number I suspect the house will be, doesn't appear.
I'm currently on the Unlimited Fibre package and as far as I'm aware the area I'm moving to (irritatingly only about 2 streets away) doesn't have fibre. It does state on BT's website that Fibre is coming to the area in August/September of this year, assuming there are no delays.
My question is this, if I want to move my broadband with plus.net to the new property, 1. How much are we talking about to get a phone line connected to the house (and is that something Plus.net can help sort out?). 2. Am I able to downgrade to standard broadband until Fibre is available in the area again? I've been on my current Fibre broadband package for a good couple of years I think. 3. How long does this whole process take?
Thanks for any help!
2 REPLIES 2
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Moving House (and hopefully broadband)

Hi shadowff6,
Good luck with the move!
to answer your questions the best I can..
1. You'd be best speaking to our House Move Team on 0800 432 0200 or 0345 140 0200 (from a mobile - this uses any inclusive minutes you have as part of your mobile call plan). I'm sure we'd be able to get something sorted out for you Smiley
2. The House Move's Team will be able to discuss your options with you - we appreciate that not everywhere is Fibre enabled so we'll definitely do what we can to work with you on this until it becomes available.
3. Generally a broadband order takes around 5-7 working days to complete and a telephone order takes 7-10 working days. this is very much dependant on whether or not you have a line connected at the property, if you don't this could take longer. I assume that as your address is very new that your details aren't registered on the post code checker yet, so have a chat with us and we'll do all we can to help Smiley
shadowff6
Grafter

Re: Moving House (and hopefully broadband)

Thanks Chris, I'll give them a call tomorrow and see what they say!  Smiley