cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Home, sort of.

Uncle_Meat
Grafter

Moving Home, sort of.

Coo! This is all very posh looking eh?  Anyway, to the point.
Is it possible for 2 Plusnet customers to "swap accounts"?
I'll explain.  I'm currently at the other halfs almost full time now, and my "judicious" use of her Plusnet BBYW account is enough to take it over the 1Gb allowance.  However, at my address I'm still with Premier 1 which is now hardly used.
So, is it possible to swap plans over so her BBYW becomes Premier 1, and my old Premier 1 becomes her BBYW?
Both phone lines are in my name anyway, with just the BBYW being in her name on my line.  So, without any actual activation being needed at the exchange, I assume all that may well be needed is some tweaking of our details at Plusnet Towers...  Cheesy

I've raised a ticket asking this, but thought I'd try out the new forum and also might get some hints from other members as to whether this is possible.

I suppose the second option is to cancel my Premier account (all paid up front with activations ect, so at least no cancellation charge) and then upgrade her account, but I would rather stay with Premier. I'm used to the usage allowance on that and I'm quite good at sticking to well within my limits with it.  Smiley

So, is this account swap possible, and if so what would be involved in making it happen?
Cheers!
7 REPLIES 7
supermoto

Re: Moving Home, sort of.

hi i have a similar problem is it possible to have to broardband suppliers on the same bt line as i'm moving in with my other half but she's recently signed up to a 12 month cotract with bt home hub( what a rip off over priced and piss poor speed) note i had no control in which supplier she chose please help
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

supermoto,
You can only have 1 ADSL provider on a line. The line is actually TAGed to stop this happening.
Uncle_Meat,
Try using your broadband login details where you are. If you are on the same exchange then they may still work. Although that is not really the proper solution (and PN may frown on doing this) but it may help while you sort out the switch.
If PN can't change your account details internally you may have to go through a house move on both accounts with the expense of 2 activation charges (which your can defer for 12 months) and a loss of ADSL on both lines for possibly 2 weeks. The loss of service is due to PN having cancel ADSL on the lines then wait for the TAG on each line to be removed before they can place a new ADSL order.
Hopefully they can do something internally.
supermoto

thanks for that was hoping for some good news i'll have to sort this slight set back out
cheers again
Mand
Grafter

Hi there Uncle_Meat,
What you are asking is certainly possible, though not something we would do as standard as the Premier products are no longer sold.
Peter's solution should work in the meantime, but if you need any help with the account change I'll be happy to help if you can let me know the ticket ID.
Uncle_Meat
Grafter

Ta for the replies folks! 

Anyway, it seems it is possible if you ask nicely enough, as Mand states it is not a standard, or at least not listed as an option (No mention of Prem 1 as an ongoing package, obviously) on the screen for 1st line support, but with Plusnet being the friendly sort of chaps (and chapesses, don't want to be sexist here...  ) that they are, they wangled it for me.

Many thanks to the chap who I spoke to on the phone to put it all through for me, seemed like a top bloke (I don't mind Sheff Weds supporters, its the other ones who annoy me..  Wink ) and also many thanks to Richard Unsworth and Ian Roberts, both of whom replied swiftly to my ticket with all the info I needed and who also (By speaking to Mr. Sheff Weds supporter) enabled this account swap to go through.
Cheers folks!
puddy
Grafter

Why not make one of the accounts you don't use much to pay as you go?
Michael
Mand
Grafter

Glad you got it all sorted.
I've passed your kind comments on. Smiley