cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved house, paid £115 and no service!

RichMid
Hooked

Moved house, paid £115 and no service!

We moved house at the weekend. Gave Plusnet 3 weeks notice. engineer was booked for Monday 25th and we were told that the Internet would be up and running that day. The engineer was rebooked (by Plusnet) for Friday 29th - we have no idea why. He came out this morning. Sorted the phone out no problem, said the broadband would kick in within a couple of hours. Nothing happened. Spoke to Plusnet, there was an internal problem and they didn't put our order through at the same time so we now have to wait another 4 working days for Internet. 

I am furious at this. We paid £115 to take our service to a new address and have been told today that Plusnet had "some internal problems" that they didn't mention to us until today which has prevented them from putting our broadband order in with their supplier. So we have had no phone for a week and by the time the service is connected will have has no internet for two weeks. I asked for a refund of our fees and was told that would not be happening as it is their moving fee.

i am sorry but Plusnet fees and service stink!! If I had known that we would not have been able to have it all up and running for when we start to settle in our new house I would have cancelled the service and gone with another provider. It would have been cheaper. Plusnet obviously do not value customer loyalty and I will advise friends and family not to go with Plusnet. Also if the fee is not refunded I won't be renewing our subscription with Plusnet. I am absolutely enraged as I work from home therefore the Internet is imperative to us.

3 REPLIES 3
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Moved house, paid £115 and no service!

That's certainly poor service & hopefully someone from PN Customer Service will be responding soonest.
Your initial delay may have been with OR and outside their control.

azztheraz
Grafter

I am glad I veiwed this thread when I did. I have had shocking service and broadband speeds since I joined PN in April. Download speeds just shy of (wait for it..) a magmanamous 0.2mbps :O! When I was advertised minimum 2mbps. After speaking with many staff members on here to determine issues why my broadband was so slow. We reached no conclusion. I am now due to move house and have read that to take the same contract with you, you have to pay them?! To take this awful service, I have to pay them. It is incredulous. I am going to complain about the lack of service provided and will be leaving, as it seems it would be cheaper to pay the termination fees than what you did to take the service. Loyalty will get you nowhere with broadband. Especially PN, whos claim is that they will do you proud ...

RichMid
Hooked

It gets worse.....

we we were told last week that our broadband would be up and running today. Nothing happened. So I contacted Plusnet and was told that they'd not put the order through!!!!!! Why didn't  [CSA Removed] who I spoke to last Friday put the order through??????

so today I have been told that they are definitely putting the order in and it will be 4 working days before the broadband will be working.

I've paid £115 for this extremely shoddy service. And my loyalty has been repaid by almost three weeks without Internet and Plusnet "forgetting" to put the order through. I think as a gesture of goodwill they should reimburse us the £115 as well as repaying us for lack of service.

Anyway, I'm taking this to OFTEL. It's completely unacceptable and I advise others to just pay the cancellation fees and go to another provider rather than pay the moving fee.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) CSA name removed as per Forum rules